PDA

View Full Version : Where to play tennis in...Paris? Milan? Florence? Rome? Isle of Capri?

TalkingTennis91
09-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Hey guys. In June 2007, I'll be going to Paris, Milan, Florence, Rome, and the Isle of Capri. I was really hoping to play some good tennis while I was there, and was hoping that some of you guys could direct me to some nice places to play. I was more just looking for places where I can just go out and play, rather than having to be a member, or schedule lessons or anything like that. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could help me out a little here. Thanks a lot!:)

borisboris
09-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Played in Venice = Isle of Lido, Hotel De Bains = awesome clay cts.
Played in Sorrento on the public club ct. vs. the #1 jr then local dentist = great clay cts set up etc. Just walked up and asked if I could play top level players and both were 4.5 +. Capri has amazing clay cts but they were at the ultra high-end hotels. Played in Oktober under 70 degree temps. Try to find out local public club cts in Sorrento via a hotel. The one's I played on were bordered by soccer fields.

McStud
09-22-2006, 11:58 AM
I was in Florence earlier this summer and I played at a facility called Assi (sp?) They had red clay courts that were in decent condition. I forgot the price to play, they were a bit high but nothing outrageous. The facility is on the north side of the city on Via deMichaelangelo.