PDA

View Full Version : sampras shoes 2001

psamp14
09-14-2006, 05:42 PM
what shoes was sampras wearing in his 2001 qtrfinal match with agassi?

is there anywhere to search them up or buy, or pictures?

VAmazona
09-14-2006, 05:43 PM
the air oscillates. they are discontinued in the US, bt avaialable on certain auction sites or in Europe.

stalliondan
09-15-2006, 08:41 AM
Nike is supposed to re-issueing them maybe this coming January along with old Agassi classics that are for sure coming.

VAmazona
09-15-2006, 09:21 PM
Nike is supposed to re-issueing them

Agassi's yes. Sampras's...take that with a grain of salt.

Admerr
09-17-2006, 07:12 AM
^Actually rumor has it that they are being re-released October 11th in the states.

vbtennis99
09-17-2006, 03:30 PM
since TW doesnt sell them.... try e bay

drakulie
09-17-2006, 05:54 PM
what shoes was sampras wearing in his 2001 qtrfinal match with agassi?

is there anywhere to search them up or buy, or pictures?

You talking about these? LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/drakulie/oscillates.jpg

MMkay5
09-17-2006, 06:01 PM
wow are all those yours?

psamp14
09-17-2006, 06:55 PM
You talking about these? LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/drakulie/oscillates.jpg

hey drakulie, are you the real pistol pete sampras?

or if you're not, where'd you get all those shoes? classic white/navy blue, and the slick looking black ones...how much did you buy them for?

lacoster
09-17-2006, 07:24 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=83546

I have been waiting as well.
________
Cheap crosman airsoft air magazine powered (http://airsoft-shop.info/p/crosman-airsoft-air-magazine-powered/)

drakulie
09-17-2006, 07:26 PM
I got them a little while after they were discontinued. I went in to a tennis store to buy a couple of pair of shoes (wasn't sure what I was going to buy), and as I was trying on shoes I saw a box of oscillates with my size. I asked the owner how much? He said he was trying to get rid of all his old stock shoes to make room for new ones so he sold them to me for $25 bucks a pair if I would buy all he had in my size. So I bought 10 pair if I remember correctly. Anyways, about 6 months ago I went to the same store to buy some lead tape. The owner remembered me and told me he had found a bunch more in the back. So I bought those as well. he sold me those for 20 bucks a piece.

There are several different versions in those pics. The black ones, metalic ones, white with blue trim, white with black trim, and the SE Versions on the upper right (they are mostly all white with a yellow swoosh). I'm set for a long time....... :)

All in all I got over 20 pairs for the cost of 4 newer nike models :)

By the way, all of those are brand new in the box never worn. I have another 3 pair that I am currently using.

drakulie
09-17-2006, 07:30 PM
wow are all those yours?

Yes, see post above. I am so lucky!! I am hoping Nike re-releases them so I could hopefully exchange some of my white ones for the black ones.

lacoster
09-17-2006, 07:33 PM
I got them a little while after they were discontinued. I went in to a tennis store to buy a couple of pair of shoes (wasn't sure what I was going to buy), and as I was trying on shoes I saw a box of oscillates with my size. I asked the owner how much? He said he was trying to get rid of all his old stock shoes to make room for new ones so he sold them to me for $25 bucks a pair if I would buy all he had in my size. So I bought 10 pair if I remember correctly. Anyways, about 6 months ago I went to the same store to buy some lead tape. The owner remembered me and told me he had found a bunch more in the back. So I bought those as well. he sold me those for 20 bucks a piece.

There are several different versions in those pics. The black ones, metalic ones, white with blue trim, white with black trim, and the SE Versions on the upper right (they are mostly all white with a yellow swoosh). I'm set for a long time....... :)

By the way, all of those are brand new in the box never worn. I have another 3 pair that I am currently using.

A shoe store with 10+ of the same size shoe in backstock inventory?? If I were that store manager I would fire the distributor that sold me that size run and get a new one!
________
Washington dispensaries (http://washington.dispensaries.org/)

psamp14
09-17-2006, 07:33 PM
what store is this?

drakulie
09-17-2006, 07:38 PM
A shoe store with 10+ of the same size shoe in backstock inventory?? If I were that store manager I would fire the distributor that sold me that size run and get a new one!

LOL. Actually the owner is the only employee. This guy is sick ordering stuff though. He orders so much stuff (especially Nike) he always has extra stuff. This guy still has Nike shorts/shirts from the 90's. The problem is, his store is an absolute mess. To find stuff you have to really want to dig through stuff. He has ***** everywhere. Literally, wall-to-wall boxes of shoes from floor to celing, plus all the stuff he has in the back.

I actually bought all of his size 9-10 shoes he had.

Kid Carlos
09-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Would you care to share the name of the store.

psamp14
09-17-2006, 08:01 PM
yeah mate, whats the name of this store and where's it located?

if the guy sold you oscillates for $20-25, imagine the cost of those vintage 90s nike shorts...

lacoster
09-17-2006, 08:07 PM
I find it hard to believe that such a store exists. The gross margins would be extremely negative (meaning that the store loses money) if you still have a bunch of old crap in your inventory.
________
Toyota Department Of Fan Operations (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Department_of_Fan_Operations)

drakulie
09-18-2006, 07:32 AM
I find it hard to believe that such a store exists. The gross margins would be extremely negative (meaning that the store loses money) if you still have a bunch of old crap in your inventory.

Well I can't say how much he makes or loses. But, he has been in business for years so I'm sure he is doing something right.

In fact, when I bought the first batch, I replied in a thread of oscillates and posted this guy still had them. A couple guys replying on the thread called him up, and I know some of the guys ended up buying a couple of pairs. MattH? (in Tallahasse, Florida) was one of them. Can't remember the name of the thread.

Aardvark Tennis in Sunrise, Florda.

ricecooker1280
09-18-2006, 03:20 PM
I have to ask: are you willing to sell 1 or 2 pairs?

please email me at psanchez1280@hotmail.com

thanks

paul

Well I can't say how much he makes or loses. But, he has been in business for years so I'm sure he is doing something right.

In fact, when I bought the first batch, I replied in a thread of oscillates and posted this guy still had them. A couple guys replying on the thread called him up, and I know some of the guys ended up buying a couple of pairs. MattH? (in Tallahasse, Florida) was one of them. Can't remember the name of the thread.

Aardvark Tennis in Sunrise, Florda.

drakulie
09-18-2006, 05:18 PM
I have to ask: are you willing to sell 1 or 2 pairs?

please email me at psanchez1280@hotmail.com

thanks paul

Hey Paul, thanks for the offer but I am not interested in selling. However, TW says they are going to be available early to mid october. Check out this link:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=83546&page=6

War, Safin!
09-20-2006, 09:11 AM

20 pairs. They don't lasy long then, huh?
Typical Nike. http://www.fightbeat.com/forums/images/smilies/jester.gif

drakulie
09-20-2006, 09:31 AM
Actually, they last longer than most of the other nikes I have tried like the motions, iimplsions, breathes, etc.

They definitely don't last as long as K-swiss. Not sure about barricades.

War, Safin!
09-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Actually, they last longer than most of the other nikes I have tried like the motions, iimplsions, breathes, etc.

They definitely don't last as long as K-swiss. Not sure about barricades.
Vapour-Speeds I had last year (osibdian/yellow - Federer, US Open '05) and they lasted 4 months before one of the air-bubbles 'popped' and air started hissing out every time I set foot on the court.
However, these aren't nearly as comfortable or solid as my new Barricade III's (silver/grey/navy - Safin, Aus Open '05).

If Nike really are going to bring the Oscillates back (proper Oscillates, not substitute ones), then I'm having a pair for sure....

War, Safin!
09-20-2006, 09:51 AM
BTW, Drakulie - I can see you're a bit of a Sampras-Officianado...but do you setup your Prostaff's to a similar spec as 'The G.O.A.T'?