PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Heat snapping strings in car??

pickles1107
09-14-2006, 06:04 PM
I know i know don't leave your racquet in the car. I've heard it a thousand times, but I didn't want to take it in to work today. Got out my racquet today and lo-and-behold my fresh set of strings that has maybe 4 hours on them is snapped. Tension was fairly high at 60.
It should be noted that the strings in this racquet were TNT 17 and this was my first time ever stringing a racquet.

I've left racquets in the car before with no ill effects. Not sure what to think.

tempura_MAKI
09-14-2006, 06:27 PM
yup. I have left my old head in the car before, they didnt snap from being in the car but it prepared them for my first swing and they broke easier than pimpin them ladies (hella easy so you get an idea). Haha

snoflewis
09-14-2006, 07:48 PM
in some cases, strings will get so close to breaking, yet somehow still last. when they get to a certain point due to stress or tension, they'll snap. this has happened to several people on these boards and i have seen it happen (not the string actually breaking). the heat would probably just quicken this process.

aeroman
09-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Strings breaking in a car has happened to me before and it's quite the shock but since it's your first time stringing it might be that. I think my strings snapped when I was new to stringing too.