PDA

View Full Version : Racquet setup

greengoblin69
09-14-2006, 06:38 PM
HEy everyone, i was wondering how to setup my racquet. I have absoluety no clue what to do, or where to start. I like to serve hard and hit big off the ground, but i dont want my racquet to be to heavy, i'm 6'0 tall and 160 lbs and dont know how much weight would be too much. I use a babolat pure drive+. What i'm getting at is if someone could please, explain how to setup my racquets for better results in my serve and groundies, more power and maybe more control if possible to do both. Thanks for the advice in advance:mrgreen:

nalbandian_fan
09-14-2006, 06:48 PM
check the TW learning center, and do a search to read travelerjam and steve h.'s posts on hwo to setup a racquet, ther quite helpful. The simple 10 grams at 9 and 3 shown in the tw learning center was enough for me. I might one day attack those formulas for pro setups by travelerjam.

dewey2110
09-14-2006, 06:49 PM
What dont you like about your racquet? I need to hit with the racquet first and see what you dont like about it. Heavier racquets will produce heavier shots. Experiment with the lead tape after you've hit with the PD+. I put some lead tape on the handle and 4 , 8 oclock position on my Pure drive. That works for me. Move the lead tape around till you've found what you like. GL.

greengoblin69
09-14-2006, 07:00 PM
i like how it feels, i get nice pop and great kick or my serves and i can put lot sa spin and flatten out the groundies, but i was just wondering if i could get more out of my racquet.