PDA

View Full Version : question about traveling with racquet

kblue
09-14-2006, 08:31 PM
I'm new to the board...just joined yesterday.

As much as I've been a casual tennis spectator and player most of my life and owned a racquet for 2 years now, I feel like a relative newbie and would like a little advice.

I'm flying across the country this weekend and am contemplating bringing my racquet with me so it's convenient for me to play while there. But...would it be ultra-dumb of me to attempt packing it in my suitcase? Do I need an actual racquet bag? Because I don't so much have room for one in the budget right now. It's a good racquet for how often I play (= not very often); I think it was in the $20-$30 range at Target.

So...advice and tips are welcome. Thanks!

spaceman_spiff
09-15-2006, 01:00 AM
I think you'll be ok if you can fit your racket in the suitcase with some clothes and other soft items stuffed on both sides of it for cushioning (you don't want something hard to accidentally break the strings). If you can do that, I'd say go with the suitcase.

kblue
09-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Thanks, great to know it sounds possible (and it's obviously what I was hoping).

sureshs
09-15-2006, 01:30 PM
I have traveled internationally several times with a racquet. Put it in the cover it came with, then pack it in checked-in baggage with clothes on either side of it, and you will be fine.

vinnier6
09-15-2006, 01:40 PM
if its a 20 or 30 dollar racquet then you could either buy one when you get there or risk putting it in your suitcase...either way i dont think you can go wrong...

eagle
09-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Hi,

I pack my racquets between clothes in a suitcase. I've done this multiple times going to the mainland. No problems.

Thanks,
eagle