PDA

View Full Version : For Redondo users

vkartikv
09-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Have you noticed the similarity in paintjob b/w the redondo and early i.prestige models? The paint on both of them has a slightly rubbery feel to it and it doesn't take a lot for the paint to scrape off.. I was wondering if it was just my racquets or all redondos have this problem.

christo
09-14-2006, 09:56 PM
The 2 I demoed were the same

MTChong
09-14-2006, 10:00 PM
That's not a problem; it's in the design.

Davai
09-14-2006, 10:14 PM
And why are you still trying different rackets?

anirut
09-14-2006, 11:13 PM
Kartik,

Dunno ... ? May be because PK manufactures for many, many brands, I suppose? And might have found such texture "nice" and then incorporated that texture in the Redondo?

To you, how does the Redondo play?

newnuse
09-14-2006, 11:40 PM
The 100% graphite rackets I've hit with in the past are pingy. I think the 100% construction allows the vibration to travel through the frame giving you that pingy sound. These have the glossy paint jobs like the Wilson Sting.

I don't get that sensation hitting with the Redondo. I think the rubbery paint absorbs some of the vibration. I think that is why they used it on the Redondo. The feel on the Wilson 6.0 NCode 90 has a very muted feel. I think part of the reason is the rubbery paint on that as well.

I'm haven't owned my 2 Redondo 93" for very long, but the paint job seems fine. I have notice any paint chipping or scraping off.

basil J
09-15-2006, 05:49 AM
the paint job on mine is fine as well. If anything, i think the paint will be more durable due to the finish..

thejuice
09-15-2006, 06:25 AM
I actually think the real pj is protected by the layer or rubbery paint. It is actually pretty durable for paint. I can say that because the O3 Tours I used to own would chip VERY easily. My Redondos have been through much worse and they have held up great. I bought my first Redondo back in January or February and it is easily in 8.5/10 condition.

vkartikv
09-15-2006, 07:16 AM
Kartik,

Dunno ... ? May be because PK manufactures for many, many brands, I suppose? And might have found such texture "nice" and then incorporated that texture in the Redondo?

To you, how does the Redondo play?

I am still getting used to it. It's the best racquet I have used in terms of topspin production. I play pretty flat but it was with this frame that I was able to generate any decent topspin. 1HBHs were great with lots of depth and feel. What really surprised me about it was the volleys. It's terrific on fast exchanges at the net. I am more used to the stiff wilson prostaffs and I was skeptical about the redondo but right from my first volley I have not made a single mistake with it. It would be a great doubles frame. The one area I am still not able to get the best out of it is the serve. First serves are flying all over the place but it should be fine in a few weeks.. To summarize, its what you come to expect from a PK..

anirut
09-15-2006, 07:26 AM
Nice to hear you're liking it ... Just like what I put in another thread, the Redondo's like a hit man's weapon. Precise and gets the job done.