PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the price for the pc 600.....

tnkGod4tns
09-14-2006, 11:58 PM
will eventually go down and is this gonna be it once the supply is all gone??

BreakPoint
09-15-2006, 12:58 AM
No and yes.

MTChong
09-15-2006, 09:20 AM
I had thought that TW will keep bringing in PC600s that are manufactured in China.

jackson vile
09-15-2006, 10:58 AM
The new PC600 suck @$$ anyways so I would not worry about it

diredesire
09-15-2006, 12:05 PM
The question is: will the demand go down for these racquets. If the answer is yes, the price will go down. I doubt demand will go away for these racquets, though... I mean, it hasnt' so far, why start? ;)

tandayu
09-15-2006, 06:57 PM
The new PC600 suck @$$ anyways so I would not worry about it

Could you elaborate? I am interested to hear your view. THis is not the first time I heard about this later batch

milo
09-16-2006, 12:17 PM
anyway, will there be a pc600 made in china?? when??

jackson vile
09-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Could you elaborate? I am interested to hear your view. THis is not the first time I heard about this later batch

The weighting is Way different, I would say almost opposite.

Not worth the money IMO and I just sold one and kept the new one from the old batch, it is a maroon rather than red color.

It felt like it needed some head at 12 really bad, I would say the mass of the racket was concentrated in the middle of the racket, making it stable and easy to play with for less advanced players.

I really just can't describe it, I would compare it to say a MW200g95, feels like the SW is not even 323

tandayu
09-16-2006, 07:36 PM
The weighting is Way different, .....
I really just can't describe it, I would compare it to say a MW200g95, feels like the SW is not even 323

Thank you jacksonvile, I understand what you meant by it. Several fellow members of this board have also described the same to me by e-mails privately.

A name is just same name, it is about he substance not the form...

jackson vile
09-17-2006, 01:42 PM
Thank you jacksonvile, I understand what you meant by it. Several fellow members of this board have also described the same to me by e-mails privately.

A name is just same name, it is about he substance not the form...

It was a good racket, and I would say it was made this time to apeal to more players of all levels. I did not mod it so perhaps with lead at the head it would have been better.

I just did not want anyone thinking that it would be an add on with your current PC600s that you play with form previous batches.

It is completely different! Although I have also played with PC600 tour and that racket felt very different form the one I use now.

I believe the one I have now is the same weighting Safin uses but with a lower SW, I got this one form a person that got it form a head rep.

The tour felt like it had a much higher SW and just felt heavy, I never did weigh it so perhaps it was modded. Also it was old so it felt really flexible which I liked for the ground strokes.

Had simular weighting to the LMPmid, so I am guessing it was moded

vsbabolat
09-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Alex and Jackson,
I would like to throw my $.02 in. I have Prestige Classic 600's from the last production run. I have yet to use them. But I did weigh a few of them to see what was going on. My take was that the racquets were a little on the lighter side. I feel this was done to satisfy the diehard player like myself who customizes his own racquets. It is a lot easier to work with lighter racquets when increasing weight, changing balance, and increasing swing weight. So you can get the numbers you want easier.

The one thing I did not like about the 2006 Prestige Classic 600 SMU is that the CAP grommets are the matte brown finish and not the glossy brown finish.

jackson vile
09-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Alex and Jackson,
I would like to throw my $.02 in. I have Prestige Classic 600's from the last production run. I have yet to use them. But I did weigh a few of them to see what was going on. My take was that the racquets were a little on the lighter side. I feel this was done to satisfy the diehard player like myself who customizes his own racquets. It is a lot easier to work with lighter racquets when increasing weight, changing balance, and increasing swing weight. So you can get the numbers you want easier.

The one thing I did not like about the 2006 Prestige Classic 600 SMU is that the CAP grommets are the matte brown finish and not the glossy brown finish.

LOL that is what you did not likeLOL the 2006 that I had weighed 12.6oz with no additions.

vsbabolat
09-17-2006, 08:09 PM
Jackson,
I was just trying to give my insight and opinion. I have been playing with HEAD racquets since about 1987. I have used Graphite Pro (made in U.S.A and Austria), TXP, Prestige Pro (made in U.S.A and Austria), Prestige 600, Prestige Classic 600 (made in Austria and Designed in Austria), Classic Mid, i.Prestige mid, and LM Prestige (now sold).

I only weighed 4 of the Prestige Classic 600's I received on my Babolat RDC machine when I got them in April. Two weighed in at 11.3 oz. UNSTRUNG and two weighed in at 11.5oz. UNSTRUNG. I will re-weigh my racquets when I return home from my trip next month. The weights are from my memory and I might be wrong.

I have a odd ball Prestige 600 that I have had since new. It wheighs 13.0 oz. UNSTRUNG with neon green CAP system grommets and a leather grip. While all of my other Prestige 600's had weighed in stock form with CAP system grommets and leather grip at 12.3 oz.UNSTRUNG.

jackson vile
09-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Jackson,
I was just trying to give my insight and opinion. I have been playing with HEAD racquets since about 1987. I have used Graphite Pro (made in U.S.A and Austria), TXP, Prestige Pro (made in U.S.A and Austria), Prestige 600, Prestige Classic 600 (made in Austria and Designed in Austria), Classic Mid, i.Prestige mid, and LM Prestige (now sold).

I only weighed 4 of the Prestige Classic 600's I received on my Babolat RDC machine when I got them in April. Two weighed in at 11.3 oz. UNSTRUNG and two weighed in at 11.5oz. UNSTRUNG. I will re-weigh my racquets when I return home from my trip next month. The weights are from my memory and I might be wrong.

I have a odd ball Prestige 600 that I have had since new. It wheighs 13.0 oz. UNSTRUNG with neon green CAP system grommets and a leather grip. While all of my other Prestige 600's had weighed in stock form with CAP system grommets and leather grip at 12.3 oz.UNSTRUNG.

I hope I did not offend you that was not what I was attempting to do, I do understand that everyone in this post are very very educated and experienced with the prestige lineage.

So I respect your opinion very much, I am just simply joking around and making light, I respect you and thank you for your input.

I am making fun of the 2006 PC600 and not your coments.

vsbabolat
09-18-2006, 03:57 PM
Jackson,
No worries.

You have me wanting to break out one these new 2006 PC 600's to see what is going on. I will have to wait untill I get back home in Oct. I have a couple of old racquets from the 90's that have now given up the ghost so I have room in the rotation for them.

I do have Prestige Classic batches that I like over others. My personal favorite is the ones with made in Austria above the grip and the white barcode label that was visible on the outside shaft of the racquet. I do have racquets from batches that I am not as fond of also.

tandayu
09-18-2006, 08:30 PM
Jackson,
No worries.

You have me ... My personal favorite is the ones with made in Austria above the grip and the white barcode label that was visible on the outside shaft of the racquet. I do have racquets from batches that I am not as fond of also.

vsbabolat, please e-mail me. my email is rij_tan@yahoo.com

vsbabolat
09-19-2006, 10:03 AM
vsbabolat, please e-mail me. my email is rij_tan@yahoo.com

alex, I e-mailed you.