PDA

View Full Version : Pro Kennex Redondo question

rich s
09-15-2006, 05:09 AM
is the handle shape of the PK Redondo's more square like prince or more rectangular like head?

anirut
09-15-2006, 05:11 AM
Something like Wilson's ... don't know if that would answer your question ...

sigep1967
09-15-2006, 05:30 AM
A little more square than Dunlops and seemed to run small compared to Dunlop also.

rich s
09-15-2006, 06:23 AM
Something like Wilson's ... don't know if that would answer your question ...

that explains a lot. I know Wilson's to be more similar to Head than Prince.

thanks

thejuice
09-15-2006, 06:26 AM
Head's grip shape is a little too rectangular to me but, for comparison's sake, the PK grip is closer to Head than Prince (thank goodness).

MTChong
09-15-2006, 08:18 AM
that explains a lot. I know Wilson's to be more similar to Head than Prince.

thanks

Actually, I would describe Wilson as exactly in between the two; however, if those three are the only ones you have tried, then that may be an apt description - the Wilson is more boxy than the Head, but not quite as extreme as Prince. If you've tried a Dunlop, it's between the Wilson and the Head. Redondo, to me, feels like Wilson - maybe it's just me, but maybe even slightly more rectangular; just the slightest (Although my reference point for a Wilson grip is the Vantage Wilson grip, as I do not own any Wilson's and my only experience is when I use a friend's)

anirut
09-15-2006, 08:28 AM
YES! YES! The Redondo's "just a tad" more rectangular than Wilson.

I remember adjusting the grip shape by adding just around 0.7 mm on both the flater sides to make it "just a tad more like Wilson".

Keifers
09-15-2006, 08:40 AM
My sense is that the range of shapes goes like this:

Square ------------------------------------- Rectangular

Fischer > Prince > Dunlop > Wilson > PK > Head

Does that seem right? Anyone found otherwise?

anirut
09-15-2006, 09:08 AM
Keifers, you may be right.

I don't know about Fischer & Prince, but the Dunlop, Wilson, PK & Head/Volkl are certainly in that order.

kv581
09-15-2006, 12:41 PM
My sense is that the range of shapes goes like this:

Square ------------------------------------- Rectangular

Fischer > Prince > Dunlop > Wilson > PK > Head

Does that seem right? Anyone found otherwise?
For me, Wilson > PK > Dunlop. Otherwise right on.

Keifers
09-15-2006, 07:14 PM
For me, Wilson > PK > Dunlop. Otherwise right on.Hmm, interesting... I just looked at my Dunlops: Revelation Tour Pro and MW 200G, and their grip shapes are different. The Tour Pro is more rectangular than Wilson PS and the MW 200G is more square.

MTChong
09-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Keifers, you may be right.

I don't know about Fischer & Prince, but the Dunlop, Wilson, PK & Head/Volkl are certainly in that order.

I believe he has Dunlop and Wilson mixed - Dunlop is definitely more rectangular than Wilson.