PDA

View Full Version : Cracked nSix One tour 90

rfederer32291
09-15-2006, 08:15 PM
So I just cracked one of my nCodes by hitting a serve, and having the racquet slip out of my hand. Unfortunately it cracked at 12 and around 1 or 2 oclock on the racquet. Is it even worth trying to send the racquet back to TW or to Wilson, or should i just go out and buy a new one?

Ryoma Kun
09-15-2006, 08:31 PM
doesnt hurt to try... :)

just say u framed a serve n give it a go, i got a new .prestige out of head hen i said that, same reason to, grip slipped

BreakPoint
09-15-2006, 08:38 PM
I think they can tell that it cracked because it smashed to the ground.

gb93433
09-15-2006, 08:46 PM
So I just cracked one of my nCodes by hitting a serve, and having the racquet slip out of my hand. Unfortunately it cracked at 12 and around 1 or 2 oclock on the racquet. Is it even worth trying to send the racquet back to TW or to Wilson?

Never hurts to try. You could give them a reason to say, "No."

tenis
09-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Well, I have a bad experience with this racquet. The first two crack at the "V", the Wilson replace it, but there were
totally different racquet than the original (weight, balance,
and even stiffnest). I sold them.
The next one, which I bought latter, crack again in the some place like the old ones. Then, I said "good bye Wilson".

diredesire
09-15-2006, 09:53 PM
So I just cracked one of my nCodes by hitting a serve, and having the racquet slip out of my hand. Unfortunately it cracked at 12 and around 1 or 2 oclock on the racquet. Is it even worth trying to send the racquet back to TW or to Wilson, or should i just go out and buy a new one?

It's not really fair in this case to send it back to Wilson because it was user-error, and Wilson only gives a warranty for manufacturing defects. However, many people abuse the system and send racquets back even if they broke it themselves. It's up to you to decide what you want to do, although it's not fair to other consumers to get a free racquet (which costs us, albeit a small amount), when it was your fault to begin with.

Lecturing aside, you can try sending it in for a warranty replacement and see what happens, but don't get your hopes up.

hgb765
09-16-2006, 07:22 AM
Well, I have a bad experience with this racquet. The first two crack at the "V", the Wilson replace it, but there were
totally different racquet than the original (weight, balance,
and even stiffnest). I sold them.
The next one, which I bought latter, crack again in the some place like the old ones. Then, I said "good bye Wilson".

arn't "ncodes" suppose to be all strong and sturdy so they don't crack easily?

hummer23
09-16-2006, 07:27 AM
ive sent 3 racquets back to wilson ebcasue they cracked, all tour 90's, non ncode. I included a letter of how they broke, (a low volley, serve, strigning, etc.) and within a few weeks they sent back a new one to me, no questions asked. The last tiem i sent one in, hte tour 90 was discontinued, so they sent an ncode tour 90. I think you will have no trouble returning it, wilson is very good about that kind of stuff, as long as it is with warenty.

hgb765
09-16-2006, 07:32 AM
oh yeah and i just remembered this kid i know sent his wilson n something back cause he broke it by hitting the net and they replaced it w/ no probs

EuroMagnum
09-16-2006, 07:34 AM
oh yeah and i just remembered this kid i know sent his wilson n something back cause he broke it by hitting the net and they replaced it w/ no probs

How do you break a racquet by hitting the net :confused:

hgb765
09-16-2006, 07:46 AM
How do you break a racquet by hitting the net :confused:

idk i think he was trying to hit a volley first? and hit the net instead or maybe he hit the pole things at the end of the net.. something like that
lol

Will888
09-16-2006, 10:24 AM
ive sent 3 racquets back to wilson ebcasue they cracked, all tour 90's, non ncode.

damn...

Tennis Man
09-16-2006, 12:48 PM
Anybody has a picture of a cracked nCode 90? I wonder how hard one has to hit it to break it. I just got a lot of piant chips from 9 to 12 o'clock. I just somes off so easily. Should I return it too?

chris_d08
09-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Today i fell while i was playing tennis with my nCode 4 and all seemed fine. Well when my brother hit the next serve to me, it was the ones that come deep and hard at u.Well i just stuck my racquet out becuz the serve was long and then the whole frame cracked at 10 o'clock. Would wilson replace it???

dl125
09-16-2006, 11:10 PM
geez...wilson racquets need to have a flex-pointed throat with cortex and o-ported isometric heads...in order to handle all this breaking.

:mrgreen: