PDA

View Full Version : CAP Grommets on LM Radical

pchoi04
09-16-2006, 12:40 AM
Hi, I'm looking to put CAP Grommets on my LM radical MP and I was wondering which grommets would fit best.

Thanks!

wmoore
09-16-2006, 04:16 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but why don't you just buy the cap grommets for the LM Radical? TW sells them.

snoflewis
09-16-2006, 09:07 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but why don't you just buy the cap grommets for the LM Radical? TW sells them.

uhh...do you even know what CAP grommets are?

pchoi, i would try LM prestige or i.prestige grommets.

uk_skippy
09-16-2006, 02:32 PM
I've fitted LM Prestige CAPS to an LM Radical for one of my customers. The only problem I had was that the first 2 grommets on the CAP at the throat were too short. I got round this by cutting them off and putting longer individual ones. Please note that I only cut the only tube of the grommet and not shorten the length of the CAPS. Its easier if you use a grommet grinder to enlarge the hole where the original grommets were and to put the individual grommets through the holes before you fit the strip to the frame. Once the rqt os mounted in the machine only then cut the new grommets to the desired length. When you do this make sure you push the CAP strip at the throat area well in so its flush to the frame like it would be when its strung.

Regards

Paul