PDA

View Full Version : Do crosses ALWAYS start at the head?

TonyB
09-16-2006, 08:16 AM
Edit: never mind, found the intformation I was looking for.

BTW, if anyone is using the "Tennis4All" website for their stringing patterns, make sure you note that their letter desginations are non-standard.

They use "T" for "Tip (head)" and "B" for "Bottom (throat)"

Very confusing.

Nar57981
09-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Thats odd, i would find a better site O.o

TonyB
09-16-2006, 01:19 PM
It's the same information as every other site, it's just that they use different terminology. It's confusing if you don't bother to read the "legend" at the top of the page (which I neglected to do).

Otherwise, the information is correct. And it's got a pretty large database that I haven't seen elsewhere.

diredesire
09-16-2006, 02:23 PM
It's the same information as every other site, it's just that they use different terminology. It's confusing if you don't bother to read the "legend" at the top of the page (which I neglected to do).

Otherwise, the information is correct. And it's got a pretty large database that I haven't seen elsewhere.

Klipperusa also uses this naming scheme, last time i checked. it is rather weird.

snoflewis
09-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Klipperusa also uses this naming scheme, last time i checked. it is rather weird.

agreed. btw, i believe it's T for TOP :)

TonyB
09-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Yeah, it might be "top", I don't know. Either way, it should be "H" and "T", not "T" and "B".

The funniest part about the whole thing is that I never would have questioned the nomenclature, except that I read on this forum that you typically have to start at the racquet HEAD when you string the crosses. But since the terminology that the website used was "T", I got suspicious.

I would have had the tie-offs all wrong, and probably started the crosses at the throat if I hadn't done the research first.

Just goes to show, it pays to do your research before you start anything new. I feel confident now that I'll do alright when I start stringing for the first time (hopefully next weekend). This forum's a great resource. I'm glad the people around here contribute their time to helping others. It's worth it.