PDA

View Full Version : unique big hitter 17

patrick922
09-16-2006, 08:12 PM
anyone try these strings out? i read the review on tennis warehouse and most of the feedback was positive.
how is it durability wise, string movement wise, and how does it hold tennis, and also is it stiff?
they said it is like luxilon ALU power is this true?

SteveI
09-17-2006, 03:03 AM
anyone try these strings out? i read the review on tennis warehouse and most of the feedback was positive.
how is it durability wise, string movement wise, and how does it hold tennis, and also is it stiff?
they said it is like luxilon ALU power is this true?

Hi,

I found this string to be one of the best buys on the market. This string is a sleeper to be sure. Compared to ALU Power is is quite good and is less money. Plays soft for a poly. Can't comment on durability, string movement was fine and held tension quite well.

Regards,
Steve

Richie Rich
09-17-2006, 04:07 AM
durability is same as all the other co-poly's. you will cut it out because it goes dead before you break it.

PBODY99
09-17-2006, 07:03 AM
I have found that it is a softer copoly, not much string movement,and great at the price.

steve s
09-17-2006, 07:12 AM
Its a ok poly. It lost tension and went dead early, and is not as soft as some of the other poly out there. I like both of the topspin polys.

c_zimma
09-17-2006, 01:18 PM
I agree. This is a sleeper for sure. Soft poly, and the price is incredible.

patrick922
09-17-2006, 03:38 PM
I agree. This is a sleeper for sure. Soft poly, and the price is incredible.

sleeper? whats that mean?
:confused: :confused:

PBODY99
09-18-2006, 01:07 PM
As in " Don't sleep on this !" The early bird gets the worm, updated.

monologuist
09-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Very good poly for the money....not really like ALU except for the fact that it is silver....at least if you've tried lots of polys and can tell the differences. To me , none of the so-called ALU "copies" really play like ALU....but the Big Hitter has a lot of good qualities....comfortable, cheap, good spin (not as good as ALU), decent pop (again, not as good as ALU), and very durable. It is somewhere between Topspin Cyberflash and ALU in terms of feel....definitely try the cyberflash....similarly priced, holds tension better, more power, and even softer.

SteveI
09-19-2006, 09:16 AM
sleeper? whats that mean?
:confused: :confused:

Something that is not well known that is a "good buy" in this case. A "sleeper" in a tennis draw would be a player not consider a good bet to win by most.. but insiders might know better.

Hope that helps...

Steve

hank kingsley
09-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Can't compare it to Luxilon but I think Big Hitter is a very good string especially for the price as others have said. I cross it with a soft SG like Klip Kicker. Get probably 8-10 good hours out of it before it loosens up and has to be cut. Highly recommend if you hit pretty hard with spin. 16 gauge is fine too.