PDA

View Full Version : RDX 500 vs O3 tour vs Fischer M Speed

chicubs
09-16-2006, 07:17 PM
hey all,

I currently play the Yonex RDX 500 Midplus but was looking for some new sticks and was wondering whether anyone could compare the RDX 500 series to the O3 tours (mid and mp) and the Fischer M Speed (mp).

When I last bought new racquets, it came down to the RDX's and the Fischer Pro Number 1. I sort of regret not going with the Fischer now...but whatever. I also hear some good things about the O3 tour. I hit with it very briefly and was sort of intrigued. Any opinions would be great.

Thanks.

10sstringman
09-16-2006, 10:51 PM
Are you joking? SEARCH

elee3
09-17-2006, 11:07 AM
I demoed the RDX 500 MP before buying the O3 tour MP last year.

The biggest difference between the rdx and o3 was the power. The o3 was more powerful, but the rdx seemed to have a larger sweet spot compared to the o3. o3 can create more spin than the rdx. The rdx felt a lot more flexy to me than a 1 point difference on stiffness would suggest. The reason I choose the o3 over the rdx was that I'm use to using racquets with grommet slots or enlarged holes since I played with a volkl VX1 for about 8 years. I'm not sure why but my forehand gets a far more "heavy" ball using a racquet with the "trampoline" effect, but the "trampoline" effect has no effect on my backhand. My backhand was actually better using the rdx, but the difference between the o3 and rdx on my forehand side was much greater than on the backhand side.

Edit: Reading the tennis-warehouse specs on stiffness on rdx mp vs o3 tour mp, it's the rdx mp thats 1 point stiffer, but it felt more flex to me than the o3 tour. Maybe the rdx I was using was beat up and old or the o3 "trampoline" effect mutes and overshadows the flexy feeling in the racquet.

chicubs
09-17-2006, 11:20 AM
thanks elee3...kinda what i assumed from other reviews but i am suprised to hear that the o3's sweet spot was smaller. How was serving between the two racquets.

...completely missed this thread: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=119445&highlight=fischer+speed

helps me out...just posting it just in case someone else searches for the same thing i am.

elee3
09-17-2006, 06:22 PM
The sweetspot on the o3 might be smaller than the rdx but it's not small any how. Serve wise they are pretty similar in that they aren't going to help you on the flat serves since they are a bit floppy. Both are good for spin type of serves. I liked the rdx better at spin type of serves due to the square head but it kinda made me a bit lazy not keeping the eye on the ball as much as i should of.