PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova's pink bag for MEN?

thelimfactor
09-17-2006, 07:46 PM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageBGPRINCE-PTPINK12.html

Hi guys...U know how they say Pink is the new Black...does that mean it's cool for MALES to carry around Slaparova's bag?

Don't ridicule me (I am "metrosexual") but I'm seriously considering gettin the 12pack Pink bag (above). The only reason why i haven't is that it has too much grey! (not enuf pink!!!)

Here in Oz i think it would be cool, but just wondering what you guys, both male and female think if you saw some dude carry this bag. And yes I am straight! And no i'm not in denial!!

rfprse
09-17-2006, 08:42 PM
I don't see why not.
And you're right too much gray.

varuscelli
09-17-2006, 10:42 PM
I don't see why not.
And you're right too much gray.

I'm sorry, did I hear you say "too much gay?" :p

(Um, not that there's anything wrong with that. Unless you pull those pink tennis balls out of that pink bag, then it might seem a bit much. ;) )

thelimfactor
09-18-2006, 02:23 AM
Too much "GREY" mate.

Duzza
09-18-2006, 02:34 AM
If they do that but replace the Pink with various colours, they will make a fortune. Other than Pink and GREEN for those who were gonna flame me.

progman_2000
09-18-2006, 02:40 AM
I wouldn't be caught dead walking into my club with this bag, but that's just me

varuscelli
09-18-2006, 03:35 AM
Too much "GREY" mate.

Sorry, thelimfactor. ’Twas but a joke. I saw both the grey and the gray.

The pink doesn't appeal to me, personally, but if a guy wants to carry one -- no big deal to me!.

I probably wouldn't walk around with it in any rough parts of town, though. ;) You might take a ribbing at the club, but walk wrong courts with it in the wrong neighborhood and it might actually cause more than a cute comment or two.

In the very least, you'd likely get a bit of one kind of attention or another. I kind of doubt that many of the guys are going to have a "Gotta have one of those!" attitude -- but I could be wrong.

Who knows? You might start a trend, and soon I'll be forced to buy one of my own to keep pace. If so, I'll get some of those pink Penn tennis balls, too. :)

But if I get one, I'll make sure to read the logo carefully. Wouldn't want to accidentally pick up the "Princess" version rather than the "Prince." :p

maverick1
09-18-2006, 04:20 AM
To the OP,
I have never seen any male, gay or not, carry pink sports equipment/accessory in America, or wear anything pink.
It seems unimaginable here in USA, but I don't know about tye British commonwealth. After all, the British company Thomas Pink sells pink shirts for men. They even have a store next to my office in Manhattan. Don't see too many any customers there.

goober
09-18-2006, 06:27 AM
To the OP,
I have never seen any male, gay or not, carry pink sports equipment/accessory in America, or wear anything pink.
It seems unimaginable here in USA, but I don't know about tye British commonwealth. After all, the British company Thomas Pink sells pink shirts for men. They even have a store next to my office in Manhattan. Don't see too many any customers there.

I have also yet to see any pink tenniswear or accesories on a male in the USA. I guess it wouldn't be a big deal, but I am not going to be a trensetter :)

Zets147
09-18-2006, 06:31 AM
Get some W-Line racquets to go with that.

Ripper
09-18-2006, 06:39 AM
My opinion. If you suck at playing tennis, don't get it. On the other hand, if you're one of those players who never lose, go for it. Can you imagine it? "I got my *** kicked by the dude with the pink bag", lol.

varuscelli
09-18-2006, 06:44 AM
Get some W-Line racquets to go with that.

LOL...Funny!

Er, but also a great suggestion. ;)

I'll have to put that on my own list of "must have" items if I ever get a pink bag. :p

varuscelli
09-18-2006, 06:50 AM
My opinion. If you suck at playing tennis, don't get it. On the other hand, if you're one of those players who never lose, go for it. Can you imagine it? "I got my *** kicked by the dude with the pink bag", lol.

It would end up like the Michael Jordan commercials for Hanes briefs. Next thing you know, everyone in the locker room is gonna to want one.

"Got my Pinkster, gonna kick some ***...yeah!" <insert fist pump here>

Jesse K.
09-18-2006, 07:52 AM
help sweet Jesus...pink tennis bags for men...

dacrymn
09-18-2006, 01:54 PM
did any of you guys notice how there was a hyphen between tennis and warehouse? I've never seen it like that. Hope it's not fake...
________
Ferrari Challenge specifications (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_Challenge)

varuscelli
09-18-2006, 02:08 PM
did any of you guys notice how there was a hyphen between tennis and warehouse? I've never seen it like that. Hope it's not fake...

My God.

Need to see if it's not too late to cancel my...

I mean...nothing.

It just reminded me I need to cancel the unnecessary racquet guard I ordered. I already had some. That's it. :rolleyes:

ilovecarlos
09-18-2006, 02:10 PM
If you're man enough and have attitude...go for it. I own the Wilson Hope pink bag myself...but, I am female.:mrgreen:

rustsurfr
09-18-2006, 02:28 PM
I wasn't a fan of ether the pink or green. But then they released the Elements Blue bag from Prince. I bought my self a 12 pack. There is also unfortunately quite a bit of gray, but it still looks awesome.

mucat
09-18-2006, 02:48 PM
metrosexual? Who invented this word anyway?? Why there is a 'sexual' part if it is not about sexuality?? :mad:

If there is a metrosexual, why there is no forestialsexual??? Or urbansexual??

varuscelli
09-18-2006, 02:55 PM
If there is a metrosexual, why there is no forestialsexual???

Because guys out in the forest are generally not very much in touch with their feminine sides. :p

(Unless they carry their deer rifle in a pink and gray case.)

Zets147
09-18-2006, 02:57 PM
LOL...Funny!

Er, but also a great suggestion. ;)

I'll have to put that on my own list of "must have" items if I ever get a pink bag. :p

I recommend the "Blue Steel".
(I wish they had "La Tigra" lol)

mucat
09-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Because guys out in the forest are generally not very much in touch with their feminine sides. :p

(Unless they carry their deer rifle in a pink and gray case.)

Thats my point. If we have metrosexual for guys in pink :(
why not forestialsexual for guys in hunter outfit?

Sample IQ test question for kids:

A heterosexual
B homosexual
C metrosexual
D bisexual

Which one is different?

:mad:

rustsurfr
09-18-2006, 03:19 PM

Sample IQ test question for kids:

A heterosexual
B homosexual
C metrosexual
D bisexual

Which one is different?

:mad:

C

Yes i definatly agree. It is strange that metrosexual is used to describe a style of fashion, yet the base word is sexual. I simply don't understand. Where does its meaning have anything to do with sexuality???

varuscelli
09-18-2006, 03:35 PM

The guys in the hunter outfits already have a sexually related word: homophobic. (Great, now I can put "getting shot" and "getting flamed" on my list of things to look forward to.) :( (It's a joke!)

No, on the serious side, I don't have any idea why names like metrosexual are needed, other than it being an example of the evolution of the language and something that caught on. Someone viewed as cool said it and it became popular. Just like clothing fashions, 5 or 10 years from now, it might be so out of fashion to use the word that it falls out of use entirely. Then again, it could be here to stay. Or it might go away and then come back again. Who knows? Definitely an unneeded word, though. (No offense in any way to thelimfactor for using it -- but I understand your point, mucat.)

goober
09-18-2006, 03:37 PM
C

Yes i definatly agree. It is strange that metrosexual is used to describe a style of fashion, yet the base word is sexual. I simply don't understand. Where does its meaning have anything to do with sexuality???

The metro prefix indicates this man's purely urban lifestyle, while the -sexual suffix comes from "homosexual," meaning that this man, although he is usually straight, embodies the heightened aesthetic sense often associated with certain types of gay men.

thelimfactor
09-18-2006, 04:08 PM
maverick1 - I used to live in the Uk/ireland...Thomas pink is HUGE there...good shirts too, in the colour pink and other colours....In fact i have a few pink shirts, both to wear with ties and also polo shirts..in fact they are even getting OUT of fashion here, so much so that i wear a nother shirt over the pink one so that there is some pink in my outfit, but not too much.

Potential for another thread..."GUYS- list all the pink items of clothing you have, including ties and shoes!"

varuscelli - u r funny mate! Yeah i get that u were joking mate.

dxdgenert
09-18-2006, 08:07 PM
I love pink... Own quite a few pink shirts and ties. I get garbage all the time at work but it doesn't get to me. Two years ago I put a pink golf shaft in one of my clubs (I am a single digit handicap, however). And have a pink SIG pistol in my collection (I''ve actually beat guys in competition with it). I see nothing wrong with it. I would echo a previous poster's comments, though you better have some game or you will just come off looking like a joke.

Marius_Hancu
09-04-2007, 04:55 AM
I wasn't a fan of ether the pink or green. But then they released the Elements Blue bag from Prince. I bought my self a 12 pack. There is also unfortunately quite a bit of gray, but it still looks awesome.

You're talking about:
Prince Elements Bk/Bl 12 Pack Bag
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageBGPRINCE-PEBAGBL9.html
?

How do you feel about it one year later? Good zippers, etc?

3 main compartments
3 side zippered pockets
isn't it?

thundaga
09-04-2007, 05:45 PM
yeah i think you would need to be a very good player to warrant carrying around a pink bag... that is endorsed by sharapova.

i've got one of the orange prince tour bags, they look heaps better in real life than in the picture.

ollinger
09-04-2007, 05:54 PM
People often worry about what others will think because of projection, a psychological term for attributing your own shameful thoughts about yourself to others (i.e., others will think I'm gay because I AM gay).

LES
09-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Who cares what other people think, just use what you like.

Bodacious DVT
09-07-2007, 01:57 PM

Hi guys...U know how they say Pink is the new Black...does that mean it's cool for MALES to carry around Slaparova's bag?

Don't ridicule me (I am "metrosexual") but I'm seriously considering gettin the 12pack Pink bag (above). The only reason why i haven't is that it has too much grey! (not enuf pink!!!)

Here in Oz i think it would be cool, but just wondering what you guys, both male and female think if you saw some dude carry this bag. And yes I am straight! And no i'm not in denial!!

I'm sure you'll be fine as long as it matches your skirt/shoes. :D
btw, a kid on my team carries around a pink cooler and towel. apparently you're not alone.

LafayetteHitter
09-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Just make sure and wear this outfit with it.

http://i3.tinypic.com/4pdrsdy.jpg

alcap26
09-07-2007, 02:51 PM
are you the pitcher or the catcher?

J011yroger
09-07-2007, 03:21 PM
I wear pink BFIIs on court. It would be harder to get away with if I didn't have game.

I have 2 pink dress shirts, a handful of pink ties, a few pink polos, a pair of pink shorts, and a pink seersucker suit.

Guys give me flack and I just laugh at them.

Have yet to meet a girl that didn't like the pink stuff.

J

power_play21
09-07-2007, 03:39 PM
^^^

why do u have 14 of that same racquet? Just out of curiosity.

i dont think even federer has that many.

TheShaun
09-07-2007, 04:19 PM
To the OP,

thomas pink makes awsome shirts. and many pro athletes have used pink equipment recently for breast cancer awareness. the gear was to auctioned off later to raise money.
http://www2.ottawasenators.com/_static/webUpload/266/1419_1.jpg

quest01
09-07-2007, 04:42 PM

No in my opinion i think that would be a stupid idea. No guy should carry around a pink bag, thats only for women and girlie men.

LES
09-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Only an infantile ******bag would judge another person based on the equipment they use. If you associate sexual orientation to specific colors then you've got some serious sexual insecurities.

J011yroger
09-07-2007, 06:18 PM
^^^

why do u have 14 of that same racquet? Just out of curiosity.

i dont think even federer has that many.

Someone like Federer goes through 60-80 racquets per year.

I would be glad to continue this conversation over e-mail or in a different thread.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/baselinebrawler/16703186.jpg

J

asknowbuylater
09-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Holy smokes. Nice pic. I wonder where's it's from. AA's sticks sure are differently paintjobed. What's with the APD and others? For his training partner?

Anyways I saw a guy who looks good, but after the ball bounces, he hits like a girl. With the butt hanging out, arm in front, wrists the ball by pushing, and finally, a grunt. He's about 20 something here... wearing baby blue and sleeve-less shirt. WTF! Guys around couldn't stop LOL!

rommil
09-07-2007, 08:28 PM
To the OP,

I heard their store in Mobile Alabama is a hit...

TennisFrkJC92
09-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Haha if i started wearing that, my entire club would start beating the krap outa me.

J011yroger
09-08-2007, 03:26 AM
Holy smokes. Nice pic. I wonder where's it's from. AA's sticks sure are differently paintjobed. What's with the APD and others? For his training partner?

It is from RPNY they do a great number of the pros racquets.

J

hondas2k
09-08-2007, 04:00 PM
So ghey! ....

bwain
09-08-2007, 04:24 PM
absolutely not...unless your Europeon.

power_play21
09-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Someone like Federer goes through 60-80 racquets per year.

I would be glad to continue this conversation over e-mail or in a different thread.

J

wow at first i thought those were also yours, i was about to say you either are filthy rich or a pro lol. then i saw agassi written all over the place.

but that was just a figurative way of saying do u use all those frames?