PDA

View Full Version : Nike Heart Rate Monitors

thelimfactor
09-17-2006, 08:58 PM
HI guys, dunno if this is the rite section but sorry if it isn't (i'm a bit new).

Anyways:
I spent $700 (yes i know) on HRM...tried it and it was absolutely rubbish....(so i returned it and got a refund). It was a fancy digital one with special code and 1000 lap time features, and i could graph my heart rate....etc

I do alot of spin classes, but things i disliked:
1. Harness around my shest...I want to be "free" while spiniing.
2. the watch sat awkwardly on my hand.
3. Pretty dear...while i can take my pulse without above restrictions very quickly and have 700 smackaroonies in my pocket.

IMHO.

Just wondering ur thoughts if u've got one and if u use it much still? Or if u wanted to get one...my advise would be to somehow raod test one and feel how uncomfortable it is, then decide.

Or if also u tried one and thought it was rubbish, i would like to also hear about it.

psamp14
09-17-2006, 09:17 PM
well i was going to try to help you out, until i saw how you dont like the thing on your chest,

but for $35 i got a nike triax 3 watch, and the thing you attach to your chest is not uncomfortable at all to me, and the reading of heartrate is accurate too

i usually wear it whenever i hit, and sometimes even on a normal day, just to see how my heart beats

thelimfactor
09-17-2006, 09:21 PM
hi psamp...i think that's very dedicated taht u can do that....don't get me wrong, i love being fit, but i'm sure we would have had the same chest piece ( i tried the nike elite digital) and found it for ME, to be unconfortable, as if i was "restricted" in my movement. Was gonna try it ont eh court, but returned it b4 i had a chance.

Mind u it is goo to know ur HR.

$35 ..that's cheap...good deal

MESSY
09-18-2006, 05:17 AM
gosh $35 bucks is really a good deal for a nike triax.

psamp14
09-18-2006, 11:21 AM
gosh $35 bucks is really a good deal for a nike triax.

yeah, actually it was on sale for $30 at a local BIG 5 store