PDA

View Full Version : Fernando Gonzalez's Pure control+ vs. stock pure control +

Hewittfan22
09-17-2006, 09:48 PM
i have a fernando gonzalez's racquet which i got it from him after him breaking his racquet at legg mason few years ago. I compared his and current stock one, i noticed the diffrence in the throat of the racquet it says 97sq in and one in stock says 98sq in but funny thing is in cm2 its same, 630 both of them, can any body explain this to me? I also noticed the differnce in recommend tension Gonzalez's printed 50-55 and stock one is 55-62.

Also tenniswarehouse advertise that he is using pure storm but pure storm doesnt make extended version, so is he using pj of pure control team + still? or has he really changed to pure strom his racquet centainly looks long on tv.

Bogie
09-17-2006, 11:41 PM
the is a pure storm xl which is 27.5 inches. i think he's using the regular pure storm with a ton of customizations including a 18x20 string pattern, 27.5 inch long body, and a lot of added weight throughout the racquet.

rosen88
09-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Fernando uses a Pure Control + with 3 layers of added lead at 3 and 9 and probably under the grip. It is just a PJ. Massu, Ginepri, Chela and Horna uses something like that to I think. Anyone know for sure what they use?

Duzza
09-18-2006, 01:36 AM
i have a fernando gonzalez's racquet which i got it from him after him breaking his racquet at legg mason few years ago. I compared his and current stock one, i noticed the diffrence in the throat of the racquet it says 97sq in and one in stock says 98sq in but funny thing is in cm2 its same, 630 both of them, can any body explain this to me? I also noticed the differnce in recommend tension Gonzalez's printed 50-55 and stock one is 55-62.

Also tenniswarehouse advertise that he is using pure storm but pure storm doesnt make extended version, so is he using pj of pure control team + still? or has he really changed to pure strom his racquet centainly looks long on tv.
take some pics dude. I'd love to see what God himself's racquet looks like.

jackson vile
09-18-2006, 01:20 PM

Thank you for taking your time out to repost here, You will get a lot better feedback.

Do you plan on taking blance and weight measurments along with pics.

thanks again

jura
09-18-2006, 01:49 PM
i noticed the diffrence in the throat of the racquet it says 97sq in and one in stock says 98sq in but funny thing is in cm2 its same, 630 both of them, can any body explain this to me?
If you calculate exactly 98 sq in are 632,25 cm² and 97 sq in are 625,8 cm². In Europe cm² is more common. As far as I remember Babolat switched the "official" size of the PC/Pure Storm (which is he same size) from 97 to 98 sq in, but both were "declared" as 630 rackets. So it might be he difference between old and new declaration. And certainly Gonzo uses a pj'bed PC +.

jura
09-18-2006, 01:50 PM
the is a pure storm xl which is 27.5 inches. i think he's using the regular pure storm with a ton of customizations including a 18x20 string pattern, 27.5 inch long body, and a lot of added weight throughout the racquet.
Where do you see 18 mains??? He's usng the regular 16x20 pattern.

Hewittfan22
09-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Hey guys, i tried to take a pic of throat where it shows all the specs, but whenever i take a pic upclose, it doesnt show it clearly, its all blurry. I will post a pic little later on of whole frame but i still have to figure out how to take that throat of the racquet upclose more clearly.
By the way i have never seen pure storm xl version is it only in europe or something? and Rosen is right he didhave 3 layers of lead at 3 and 9 with these different numbers (24 or something) writing on the lead tape, it wasnt one of those lead tape from unique. Also he did not have any at handle or anywhere else. I was stupid enough to took off those lead tape and put it on mine to test it out, i really shoulve left it there i dont even remember where he exactly had put emm at 3 and 9.

jura
09-18-2006, 07:03 PM
There was never a Pure Storm XL anywhere!

Hewittfan22
09-18-2006, 10:37 PM
thats what i thought too

f1 tech
09-19-2006, 08:14 AM
Hey guys, i tried to take a pic of throat where it shows all the specs, but whenever i take a pic upclose, it doesnt show it clearly, its all blurry. I will post a pic little later on of whole frame but i still have to figure out how to take that throat of the racquet upclose more clearly.
By the way i have never seen pure storm xl version is it only in europe or something? and Rosen is right he didhave 3 layers of lead at 3 and 9 with these different numbers (24 or something) writing on the lead tape, it wasnt one of those lead tape from unique. Also he did not have any at handle or anywhere else. I was stupid enough to took off those lead tape and put it on mine to test it out, i really shoulve left it there i dont even remember where he exactly had put emm at 3 and 9.

If you have a digital camera, set it to Digital Macro and you can shoot really really close.

Forehand Forever
09-19-2006, 12:21 PM
It's not just Fernado Gonzalex's pure controls, I just looked at mine and they both say 630 cm squared (i can't do the little 2) and one is 97cm and one is 98cm

esrb
09-20-2006, 02:00 PM
I'm a proudly owner of a couple of Luis Horna's Pure Storm. No specs on the frame, "pure storm team" on the frame, "zyon matrix" @ 12 but no aditional info. They are still with plastic on handle taht says PURE CONTROL + COMP.
So, is all customized: 11.7oz unstrung and 12.33oz strung. ;)
Enrique.