PDA

View Full Version : Klip uncoated gut what tension

rocky b
09-18-2006, 12:24 PM
I am going to use the Klip uncoated gut as my main and yonex 880 as my cross I heard the klip plays crisp would you lower the tension and how many pounds. I string my PK 7g at 67 pounds with a multi now. Never used gut before and don't want to mess up due to the cost.

Rabbit
09-18-2006, 12:27 PM
I'd go in around 63. Gut won't lose tension like a multi.

jackson vile
09-18-2006, 01:22 PM
I was thinking of trying this gut but was afraid that it would fray very quickly with out a coating, how is it performing for you and what are the differences, ie has more bite spin ect?

Hessam
09-18-2006, 01:59 PM
How long do you thing the coating actually stays on, in the coated strings?

If you hit the ball with any decent pace, the coating will be start wearing away within first few hours, and certaily as the strings begin to notch into each other more and more.

I would string it a pound or two tighter than your tension range for coated gut, as uncoated gut plays a little softer initially than coated gut. but once the coating wears away, you won't be able to tell the difference in playbility.

I have not tried the new Klip armour coated string, I've heard that that plays a lot differently than your vanilla style coated gut string.

rocky b
09-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Do you think uncoated gut gives you more spin?

Hessam
09-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Initially coated gut plays a little more firmer crisper.... most people tend to think the a crisper string bed provides you with more spin capability.