PDA

View Full Version : Stringing a Dunlop MFil 300 one piece?

Radical Shot
09-18-2006, 08:30 PM
Hi there,

Is it possible to string this frame one piece? Do you need an ATW pattern? Whenever I've tried it in the past, the mains tie-off at the bottom of the frame and I've read that you shouldn't string the crosses from the bottom to the top of the frame.

Having said this, I cannot work out how to do an ATW pattern for it either! Can someone a little more experience help me out with this one.

Many thanks,

RS.

p.s. Dunlop stringing site = useless.

str33t
09-18-2006, 08:52 PM
might this help ?
http://www.klipperusa.com/stringing/viewpattern.php?mfg=TDUN

Radical Shot
09-18-2006, 08:55 PM
Thanks for that. This is the site where I actually got the stringing info from, however it only gives the pattern for a 2 piece job, and doesn't indicate that this frame can be done 1 piece.

dancraig
09-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Here is a simple ATW pattern. Finish the short side and tie off. On the long side, don't do the last main. Instead, while at the top of the frame, start the crosses. If the racquet has an even number of crosses, start with the first cross. If it has an odd number of crosses, start with the second cross. Work all the way down to the throat. Then weave the last main to the top and tie off. If you started with second cross, do the first one and tie off.

Radical Shot
09-18-2006, 11:57 PM
Of course! Many thanks dancraig. Easy when you know how! I guess this is a generic ATW principle that can be applied to just about any racquet.

dancraig
09-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Of course! Many thanks dancraig. Easy when you know how! I guess this is a generic ATW principle that can be applied to just about any racquet.

Yeah, I guess all the different ATW patterns have their pros and cons. This one is simple and easy to remember after you do it a few times.

NOTE:
You will notice that you won't have that "all crosses start over or under" thing working for you. You will have to take a little extra care to start each cross correctly.