PDA

View Full Version : my redcode review

andyroddick's mojo
09-18-2006, 08:36 PM
so I got a hybrid of redcode with this setup:

tecnifibre redcode 17g mains at 57 pounds

prince synthetic gut w/ duraflex 16g crosses at 59 pounds.

I didn't get to fully evaluate how everything played but i basically just got a feel for it.

2 things that really show up:

1) lots of power, even at 57 there was good enough power for volleys and such. Haven't hit full on groundstrokes but I imagine they'll be deadly.

2) big sweetspot! It might just be because i hybrided it, but the sweetspot is much more generous then my last string job ( kirschbaum competition at 57). I'll be updating this review with a more detailed response, as well as evaluating how it plays in maybe a week from now.

str33t
09-18-2006, 08:39 PM
thats like a hybrid i use. just curious, how is the spin and arm friendlyness ?

andyroddick's mojo
09-18-2006, 09:47 PM
spin is slightly better then average for a poly, so in other words pretty good. its definitely arm friendly. the larger sweetspot lets you have lots of feel on the ball and is nothing like boardy.

Ripper
09-19-2006, 05:07 AM

I'd have thought you'd go with the new Hurricane Tour, considering Andy's mojo (isn't that you?) seems to have returned to him since he started using that string :rolleyes:

pNoyr3D
09-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Hmm.. Is it possible to put up some pics.. Would look nice.. Red mains..

Nar57981
09-20-2006, 05:33 PM
It looks awesome; espesially in my TFight 320!

andyroddick's mojo
09-20-2006, 08:34 PM
haha yes it does look pretty sweet!
red mains white crosses on a red/white racket. by the way, after the third day of hitting (maybe 3 or 4 hours in total) the power is still there, and spin isn't bad either. Seems to be holding tension pretty well, but sometimes I got to make sure I don't try to blast the ball otherwise it'll end up flat and hard.

tennistensai
09-22-2006, 08:22 PM
Im interesting in getting a similar hybrid for my Lm prestige how and i hab a few questions for ppl who are experianced with hybrids. How come the tension on the crosses in the mains differ and wat are the benifits? And do hybrids like this one hold tension well?

andyroddick's mojo
09-22-2006, 08:44 PM
so far i can't tell if its lost a dramatic amount of tension, but I'll let you guys know when my balls start flying. For hybrids, I believe that if you string the crosses tighter then you'll get a more sound hit with the ball, and it'll feel more solid. If you string the crosses lower then the mains then you're overall feel will be softer, and I think that helps with feeling the sweetspot and ball.

tennistensai
09-22-2006, 09:02 PM
do u hab to string them in different tensions? and when u ask a stringer to do a hybrid set up u give him two rackets right?

andyroddick's mojo
09-22-2006, 09:16 PM
no you don't have to string them at different tensions. you could string both at the same tension. you don't have to give the stringer two rackets, just one, but two sets of 40 feet string. That way the stringer takes 20 feet from each set and uses that to string one racket, and he'll give you back the other half of the strings, to use for next time.

acetennisman
12-13-2006, 10:52 AM
I use recode in my n six one tour 90 strung at 60lbs. Anything lower and the ball would consistently sail. I have no real need to go above 60 lbs. because i hit a combination of flat on some balls and heavy on other(the reason).

Roy
12-14-2006, 09:26 PM
tried it in my o3 tour in the mains PSGD crosses, both at 58lbs. The control was rubbish, balls were going everywhere. I cut mine out after the 2nd session.

My usual strings - Timo/Ace with PSGD crosses.

Redcode DEFINITELY needs high tensions.