PDA

View Full Version : Pallets - How do They Work?

JB
03-07-2004, 06:14 AM
I know they are used to change the grip size but haven't seen one and would like to know if there is a disadvantage to using a pallet versus buying the racquet with the original grip size....

jayserinos99
03-07-2004, 08:21 PM
JB, the pallet system is basically two panels that you can replace after you take off the original pallets. Volkl and Head racquets have this system. When I changed my grip pallet on my T10 MP, I didn't use a vice grip when i secured the pallets after I added spray-on adhesive and ended up with a 5 grip size when I wanted a 4 grip size. It makes life easier if you do buy a racquet with the correct grip size however.

Hawaii 5.0
03-08-2004, 11:20 PM
The disadvantage is that if replaced wrong it can void the warranty.I'vee seen grips and racquets fly off from improper attachment.Many tennis and pro shops are reluctant to do these pallet replacements often becuase the tools needed are a jig or hacksaw,sandpaper to sand down the rough cut edge,adhesive,vice clamps,new pallets and butt cap,staple gun.Sometimes you can't even buy the pallets unless you have an account.