PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Pro Overgrip Reel 30 Count -- Other than White?

varuscelli
09-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Does anyone know if the Wilson Pro Overgrip Reel (30 count) comes in other colors than white? I can't seem to find an answer to this after searching the forums.

If so, I don't see it on the TW site, but would love to find it in another color -- well, another color except maybe for pink... ;)

Does Wilson even package any other color in the 30 grip reel?

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I'm just not seeing a thread on it.

Nextman916
09-19-2006, 03:46 PM
I dont think any company makes bulk of 30 in any other color than white. Except of course tourna, so the answer is no.

hummer23
09-19-2006, 04:02 PM
nope, nothing else that is availble these days as far as i know. Pro whites and super graps tend to last a long time before they wear out or get dirty, so white isnt really a problem. If you really dont like it, yonex supergraps, pretty much hte same as wilson pro whites, come in many many colors, just put 3 packs and see what you like.

EDIT: gamma pro grips come in colors other than white, grey and blue to be exact, but i dont know if the 15 grip reel is availbe in colors, ive never tried it.

varuscelli
09-19-2006, 04:08 PM
This might be a silly question, but...why package only white in bulk? What's the rationale? :confused:

I've never used the white overgrips, but it just SEEMS like they'd get dirtier easier. Or is it just that they tend to wear out before they can get very dirty?

Even on the 10 packs, it seems like colors other than green/pink/white should be available.

Since I'm a photographer, I'd prefer an 18% gray grip, but I don't think anyone accommodates that, either. ;)

(Gawd, I hope the 18% gray reference isn't too obscure... :( )

Nextman916
09-19-2006, 04:15 PM
well they have to dye the grips which takes time and money, and the whole point of buying bulk is because its cheaper. They can be mass produced in a cheaper/faster manner thus the 30 pack, could you imagine if they had to dye each one of those strips? Plus White is the most popular color anyway, it would be pointless to put out 30 packs in exotic colors (pink, orange, red, etc...) they wouldnt sell as much?

snoflewis
09-19-2006, 04:33 PM
i'll also add that white goes well w/ every color racket.

str33t
09-19-2006, 05:49 PM
agreed. white goes with any racquet. its just a neutral color. but it looks kind of nasty when it turns grey/brown lol.

varuscelli
09-19-2006, 06:26 PM

Actually, I think black goes better with every color racquet better than white does. To me (a personal thing), I think white sort of looks out of place. And it looks awfully bad when it starts getting dirty. Doesn't look as out of place as pink, though. (Another personal thing.) ;)

Or is it that black overgrips don't "age" as gracefully and turn your hands black (like really old grips do) as they wear?

Zets147
09-19-2006, 06:27 PM
People should not even complain about the dirtiness of an overgrip.. The people who complains are the ones who are too lazy/cheap to change their overgrip in the first place imo.

varuscelli
09-19-2006, 06:42 PM
People should not even complain about the dirtiness of an overgrip.. The people who complains are the ones who are too lazy/cheap to change their overgrip in the first place imo.

Wow, what a bizarre direction to take the thread.

Things that are white just tend to get dirtier and look dirtier faster.

That's why I always avoid white shirts when I eat in dim sum restaurants -- a statement that contributes to the overall good of this thread at least as much as yours, Zets147. That is, hardly at all. :p

carpetgrub
09-19-2006, 09:06 PM
(Gawd, I hope the 18% gray reference isn't too obscure... :( )
I always thought it was 16%:o ?!?!?

varuscelli
09-19-2006, 09:14 PM
I always thought it was 16%:o ?!?!?

Maybe the gray grips are calibrated to 16%. ;)