PDA

View Full Version : M-fil 200 owners please chime in...

Dunlopkid
09-19-2006, 03:47 PM
So...I going to a new stringer who is willing to order anything I want. To tell you the truth, I don't know much about strings. Currently, I've been using a hybrid with Head Ultra Tour 16 gauge in the mains, and Babolat XCel Premium 16 gauge in the crosses. I'm a baseliner, grinding type. Can some of you M-fil 200 users chime in and tell me some of the set-ups that have worked best for you?

Thanks guys.

Dunlopkid
09-20-2006, 05:54 AM
Anyone have suggestions? I'm going to get it strung this afternoon probably.

Jesse K.
09-20-2006, 06:19 AM
Wilson NXT has been real good to me. I like it better than any Babalot string I've used, i.e. excel, attraction, conquest etc...btw I'm not an M-fil owner so I kinda hijacked your thread, but no one was responding. ^^

whomprat
09-20-2006, 07:01 AM
I've tried quite a few different combos on my m-fill. I really LOVE the feel of laserfibre class 17g strung at 55lb. It holds its tension really well, but I do eat through them pretty fast. I may play with some more hybrids to get more than 2 hard hitting days out of them. But I may just start to restring them once a week because they feel really good.

jasonbourne
09-20-2006, 08:33 AM
In my mfil-200 I use and enjoy gosen og-sheep micro 16g. I have not explored many string setups on the mfil because I enjoy the gosen strings very much in this and other rackets.

BabolatFan
09-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Well I've tested with klip venom, klip scorcher, bb alu power and bb orig rough. Now what's working well for me is bb original. I'm an all-court player and come to net from time to time. I wanted to try hybrids but then why change it when bb orig is the right string for me.

jdub486
09-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Pro Hurricane tour mains at 55 and Gamma tnt 17 crosses at 57 lbs feels great, lots of spin, good tension maintenence.

skraggle
10-02-2006, 11:06 PM
My favorite string in this racquet is IsoSpeed Pro 17 gauge. I use it as both a full job and as a hybrid cross to lock in whatever mains I'm messing with at the moment. Nice blend of power and control, and as bonus, the strings barely move...