PDA

View Full Version : Agassi and kevlar

BaseLineBash
09-19-2006, 09:07 PM
What setup did he use in the mid to late 90's? Straight kevlar or kevlar hybrid?

diredesire
09-20-2006, 01:48 AM
What setup did he use in the mid to late 90's? Straight kevlar or kevlar hybrid?

Kevlar Hybrid, ashaway 16g (i believe) mains, and VS gut crosses. His mains were strung until the last two mains, and then the last two mains were VS Gut "stand in" strings. A bit of a "box"-y pattern on that one. I believe at some point he had 20 mains, too!

SteveI
09-20-2006, 03:57 AM
Kevlar Hybrid, ashaway 16g (i believe) mains, and VS gut crosses. His mains were strung until the last two mains, and then the last two mains were VS Gut "stand in" strings. A bit of a "box"-y pattern on that one. I believe at some point he had 20 mains, too!

Hi,

I think one of the companies used to sell a AA set-up it was a Kevlar Hybrid. it had his pic on the front and was indeed Kevlar and some sort of soft syn gut. Retail was about $10.00. I think DD is right about his "real" set-up.

Regards,
Steve

SteveI
09-20-2006, 04:05 AM

Hi,

I think one of the companies (Head?) used to sell a AA set-up it was a Kevlar Hybrid. It had his pic on the front and was indeed Kevlar and some sort of soft syn gut. Retail was about $10.00. I think DD is right about his "real" set-up.

Regards,
Steve

thomas martinez
09-20-2006, 04:41 AM
He started off with the Prince Kevlar from Pro Blend, before going to Ashaway. The gut stand in if you will, from what I am told came about from the half sets of Kevlar not being long enough when he switched to the 20 main pattern frame. So that pattern was sort of done just for him. The gut he used was VS 140! Stuff was pure rope. He also from time to time would use a full 140 gut set up even in the 20 main frames at close to 80 pounds.

SteveI
09-20-2006, 06:47 AM
He started off with the Prince Kevlar from Pro Blend, before going to Ashaway. The gut stand in if you will, from what I am told came about from the half sets of Kevlar not being long enough when he switched to the 20 main pattern frame. So that pattern was sort of done just for him. The gut he used was VS 140! Stuff was pure rope. He also from time to time would use a full 140 gut set up even in the 20 main frames at close to 80 pounds.

Tom,

Thanks so much for the inside info. Wow VS 140.. is a 14L?

Regards,
Steve