PDA

View Full Version : Gamma TNT2 16?

pNoyr3D
09-20-2006, 07:19 AM
Hello, I searched the forums and really didn't find a good topic about these strings.

Well.. I currently have these strings on my M-Fil 300 that I bought from someone here on TW. I think the string is great, awesome feel to it and alot of control/power. The strings moved alot more than my current strings I have on my other M-Fil 300 (Babolat Pro Hurricane 17), but maybe that's because the user used it for a bit longer. But overall I loved the feel of the strings and might put it on my other racquet when the strings break. I have it currently strung at 60.

So, now I am looking for your opinions about these strings and your experiences.

I have heard that these strings are really easy to break, that true.

Kevo
09-20-2006, 03:01 PM
Do a search. You will find some opinions. For me it's all about price and longevity. TNT2 16 played really well for me, and I loved it until about 8 or so hours into it when they broke. They weren't even notched that deep. They are just weak. However if you don't break strings, I haven't played another syn gut that feels quite as good.

Keifers
09-20-2006, 07:38 PM
Do a search. You will find some opinions. For me it's all about price and longevity. TNT2 16 played really well for me, and I loved it until about 8 or so hours into it when they broke. They weren't even notched that deep. They are just weak. However if you don't break strings, I haven't played another syn gut that feels quite as good.
Kevo, have you tried TNT2 17? How would you compare the two gauges?

And can you say a little more about the good feel of the TNT2?

Thanks.

PBODY99
09-21-2006, 08:16 AM
TNT in 17 strings up a little crisper than the 16 g & breaks a bit quicker. I don't use it as it does move a fair amount, and I can go to a 18G in a D?F type solid core for less.
The 17G Gamma I like better is Endurance.

mctennis
09-24-2006, 07:44 AM
I don't care for TNT strings. They seem to loose tension very fast and makes them feel dead almost as fast as you string them. IMHO.

muggy
09-24-2006, 09:41 AM
I'm using Gamma TNT2 Fusion 19g, and it's a great string, especially for the price. I haven't broken mine yet, but it's only been a couple weeks. I was under the impression that these were kevlar hybrid, so I don't think they'll be breaking anytime soon, even being 19 guage.

1hdbkhd
09-25-2006, 08:54 AM
The prevailing message on these boards on the Gamma strings in general and the TNT line in particular are that they are overpriced and are not durable, i.e., they either lose tension too fast or become dead to quickly or break too soon.

I'm not sure about the price issue. It may be true that you can get strings at least as good for less money. But my experience with the TNT line is that they are good strings, nice pop (I love the sound they make when hitting the ball), crisp, not springy, and offer good control. I am currently using TNT fat core which I got for "free" when I bought my Gamma x-2 stringer. It has a little less "feel" at the net, but otherwise has similar characteristics as the other strings in the TNT line.

I have no "durablility" problems with the TNT strings.

Having said all that, the TNT strings can't come cose to the experience of hitting with a quality natural gut, or even a natural gut hybrid.

Keifers
09-25-2006, 09:10 AM
For those familiar, what improvements do you notice when you go from a TNT2 stringjob to, say, TF X-1 Biphase? Same gauge.

Thanks in advance.

Kevo
09-25-2006, 01:23 PM
I like the way TNT2 plays better than X1 at the same tension. X1 is more durable though, and it might work better at a lower tension than what you string the TNT2 at.

tennis_hand
09-25-2006, 07:25 PM
it does not last, and it is pricey.

the initial feeling is good, but the good feeling disappears faster than an orgasm does.