PDA

View Full Version : Blister problem

Mikael
08-01-2004, 07:53 PM
I started playing again at the beginning of last month after a long layoff... (only played something like 4 hours between January and July). Obviously in the meantime my hands had softened up and this past month my tennis game has been held back by blister problems... These days there are only 2 that still give me trouble, but they're sort of weird:

one of the side of the left index finger (for double handed backhands) and one right below my fourth finger on the right hand. They both look black, it seems some blood has coagulated beneath the skin. They're "flat", so it's not like a normal blister that breaks open after a while... Yet they hurt when I play or apply some pressure on them.

What should I do about the whole thing?

Eric Matuszewski
08-03-2004, 08:37 AM
train yourself to grip more with the last 3 fingers of your left and keep the grip on your palm more on the 2 hander.

on the right hand, grip with the extra skin (near the fingers) close to the fingers. When you grip, no skin should be getting pulled. If you are used to gripping like this you need to take the time to re-train yourself.