PDA

View Full Version : Nadal's strings

ajs72us
09-21-2006, 04:22 AM
Maybe I did not read a past thread but I just got the Pro Hurricane Tour that he supposedly uses. There is no way the string in his racquet is Pro Hurricane Tour. The colors are not the same, unless and completely possible babolat make him his own color. I think it is a poly string call Smash spiky or smash honey. Here is my reasoning:
1. we all now he uses a 15g string. Pro Hurricane does not come in this gauge, but kirschabaum maker of the smash spiky string does.
2. colors are different.
:)

Stu1961
09-21-2006, 04:36 AM
I believe I read (somewhere :confused: ) that it's Babolat Duralast.

bsandy
09-21-2006, 06:40 AM
Pssst . . . . Racquet companies, String Manufactuers, and Tennis Warehouse lie to make you think you're buying the stuff the pros are using.

abllee2198
09-22-2006, 05:05 AM
Don't know what he's using in China, but at US Open he was STILL using Babolat Duralast 1.35mm, right off the reels. Definitely not Pro Hurricane or new PH Tour, which was on Roddick's frames.

A.Lee
Wilson/RPNY
US Open Stringing Team

ajs72us
09-22-2006, 05:27 AM
Albert,
You would know since you strung the racquet. It just looks like Kirschbaum(sp) Super Smash or Spikey. I got samples of Pro Hurricance Pro and the color is more like Touch Turbo. Hmm interesting. Thanks for the insight.
One more thing albert is there an easy way to quickly string crosses with Poly?:mrgreen:

milo
09-22-2006, 06:25 AM
Babolat did make a pro hurricane in 15l gauge.

abllee2198
09-22-2006, 06:47 AM
One trick is to wipe down the string before stringing. That is to drag the entire length of string thru a terry cloth towel to remove any residual chemicals leftover from the manufacturing process. Especially helpful when stringing Poly Star. Once these chemicals are removed, the string tends to be easier to handle. Good Luck!

Regards,

A.Lee