PDA

View Full Version : ? for Thomas Martinez.....

GS
09-21-2006, 12:59 PM
First off, thanks for your SUPERB insights on the pros' sticks and stringjobs all these years. Plus, I think you sold me a Prince Precision 640 a long time ago---I'm now hooked on these guys......
Anyway, my local stringer here would like to know what were those red Wilson machines he saw in the US Open stringing room this year? And what do these stringers get paid per day? I doubt if airfare to NYC is paid for, but what about hotels, food, etc.? There's gotta be a per diem somewhere......Thanks, man.

GS
09-23-2006, 07:15 PM
I just heard those US Open stringers get around $25 a racquet, but expense and per diem info would be nice. I'd really like to know what those red Wilson machines are. Thanks.

jj300
09-23-2006, 08:01 PM
where did you hear $25 for the stringer? They charged $25 labor for rackets;however, I doubt that all of that went to the stringer's themselves. Tom any official info? Those red machines are made my poreex. Same company that made alpha machines for awhile. Basically another copy cat of the original design. No idea who had the original design and what not but I do know its made by poreex.

Wondertoy
09-23-2006, 08:19 PM
I don't know why some of you think stringing is a glamorous job. It is tedious, tiresome and low paying. Stringers are lucky to make $7-12 per racquet, work their asses off to make $15-40 per hour. They get housing from the boss, big deal.