PDA

View Full Version : Which Strings To Get!

I love rug
09-22-2006, 09:44 PM
I am debating whether to get the Technifibre x-one Biphase 17 or the Luxilon Big Banger ALU power 16L. I know that the Tech is multifilament and the Lux is polyester, but does that even matter? I'm using Head Synthetic Gut PPS 16 String on my Head Flexpoint Tour racquet. I can hit it pretty hard already with these strings but looking for a little bit more spin. Also some more power on my serves. So I was wondering what the difference is between the Technifibre and the Big Banger.
Thanks!!!

andyroddick's mojo
09-22-2006, 10:17 PM
well, seeing as you like to hit hard and like spin and power, I would definitely go with the alu power. The alu power will hold tension better in the beginning and you'll get good power, and especially spin. It's probably twice as durable as tecnifibre.

I love rug
09-22-2006, 10:46 PM
Ya ok...but does the ALU have any control? If you have tried the Head Synthetic PPS 16, how does it compare to that in regard to control?

snoflewis
09-22-2006, 10:49 PM
well, seeing as you like to hit hard and like spin and power, I would definitely go with the alu power. The alu power will hold tension better in the beginning and you'll get good power, and especially spin. It's probably twice as durable as tecnifibre.

he won't get as much power on the luxilon than the TF biphase....that's for sure.

the alupower will give more spin because it's stiffer...but at the same time the stiffness of the string will also make it less powerful.

the TECNIFIBRE biphase will be more powerful because it's softer, but that results in less spin...

imo, the best thing to do is to go w/ the TF biphase, and just brush up on the ball more for more spin.... spin will come mainly from technique

lastly, keep in mind that both strings will lose tension over time....so both will lose feel and tension won't be as high as before.

MTChong
09-23-2006, 12:27 AM
he won't get as much power on the luxilon than the TF biphase....that's for sure.

the alupower will give more spin because it's stiffer...but at the same time the stiffness of the string will also make it less powerful.

the TECNIFIBRE biphase will be more powerful because it's softer, but that results in less spin...

imo, the best thing to do is to go w/ the TF biphase, and just brush up on the ball more for more spin.... spin will come mainly from technique

lastly, keep in mind that both strings will lose tension over time....so both will lose feel and tension won't be as high as before.

I feel the same way as snoflewis does on this topic.

Valjean
09-23-2006, 04:08 AM
Just go for a thinner gauge of what you are using and lower the tension a few lbs.; you don't have to switch strings.

Keifers
09-23-2006, 07:26 AM
The poly will grab the ball more than then Biphase, no? And loose tension and become unplayable sooner?

andyroddick's mojo
09-24-2006, 02:24 AM
these two strings are completely different, in the sense that they're made differently. Overall I would go with the alu power because of three reasons.

1) the spin you'll get will be incredible, and as the strings loosen up you'll get more power and less stiffness.

2) Alu power is probably one of the most popular strings in the world, especially on tour, so you get to see what most pros play with.

3) Alu power is one of the top rated strings on s t r i n g f o r u m. n e t, go there and read the reviews and compare it to tecnifibre.

Richie Rich
09-24-2006, 04:38 AM
OP needs to keep in mid that alu will go dead and lose playability in about 20 hours of hitting. not sure what the durability of tec bi-phase is but the flexpoint tour is an open pattern on a 100sq inch headsize so you may snap them earlier than 20 hours of hitting.

roddick_rulz
09-24-2006, 02:37 PM
well the only reason why people may say that the technifibre is better is because it has more power. If you really want more power you can just get alu power strung at a lower tension.

ace of spades
09-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Its not even right to compare these two strings. Simply put, if you are not a string breaker and dont hit realy hard, polys are not worth it. In your position I would go with a higher guage x-1 biphase, its a realy nice multi.

ps:
just because pros use the string, and it is "the most popular sting in the world", does not mean it is the right sting for you.

Discovery660
09-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Its not even right to compare these two strings. Simply put, if you are not a string breaker and dont hit realy hard, polys are not worth it. In your position I would go with a higher guage x-1 biphase, its a realy nice multi.

ps:
just because pros use the string, and it is "the most popular sting in the world", does not mean it is the right sting for you.

^^^ AMEN!

I tried Alu Power on my o3 Blue, and I did not like it at all.

donut
09-24-2006, 04:49 PM
y not hybrid it im guessing? o.o alu mains and tf crosses?

You cannot be serious !!!
09-24-2006, 08:13 PM
I have just strung with Tecnifibre biphase 16G - its an excellent string, great feel and power. Dunno about durability though, will let you know how i go