PDA

View Full Version : pro shop messed up my string job

IluvBoris
09-23-2006, 10:00 AM
i gave my prince o3 red to the local pro shop's stringer (who's also the resident pro) with a reel of string. I just picked up the racquet today and i was horrified. on the frame they have the spots marked where the strings have to be tied off (with an x and "tie off" written on it). he didn't tie it off there. the string was tied off by the o ports!! how could he mess it up like that? did he not look it up online how to string it? was i supposed to give him the instructions? anyways, i paid him b/c i didn't want to confront him but i'm cutting them out abd taking it somwhere else.

theace21
09-23-2006, 10:20 AM
He won't be in business long. I would take it back to him and have him do it over...He should make it right!!!

Ronaldo
09-23-2006, 10:32 AM
He won't be in business long. I would take it back to him and have him do it over...He should make it right!!!
We all need a pic!

Davai
09-23-2006, 11:18 AM
Things like that happen occasionally - not that they are right. You probably strung it with a very soft multi - and it can be extremely frustrating on tie offs. You might want to go back and explain him the situation in a very calm reasoned voice - don't start a confrontation becuase there is no reason one should arise. The stringer should restring it for free. And wait don't cut out the strings yet otherwise you don't have much of a proof.

jackson vile
09-23-2006, 11:29 AM
I agree be very nice and take the high road, that will get you alot further.

But there is no excuse at all, if he was not up to it then he should have told you so.

People are lazy thoughtless animals, "A simple phone call, or be honest and let him know? Na I'll just do it this way and he won't notice, because he's not a "pro" like me!" LOL

good luck

Jesse K.
09-23-2006, 11:39 AM
After getting my stringing job on two racquets today I've decided to start doing it myself. I was so ****ed off at the job they did. When I confronted the manager he said he would do it again for half...I was like wtf you want me to pay you again? I walked out...time to start looking at stringers...

Valjean
09-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Next you'll want your car repaired...

pchoi04
09-23-2006, 01:12 PM
After getting my stringing job on two racquets today I've decided to start doing it myself. I was so ****ed off at the job they did. When I confronted the manager he said he would do it again for half...I was like wtf you want me to pay you again? I walked out...time to start looking at stringers...

I've had an experience like this before. I had 3 racquets strung all at the same tension with Super Smash Honey and one of my racquets the string broke after about 2 hrs and my other 2 racquets lost quite a bit of tension in only 4 hrs of play. Since then I bought my own stringer and have never been happier.

Richie Rich
09-23-2006, 01:15 PM
i gave my prince o3 red to the local pro shop's stringer (who's also the resident pro) with a reel of string. I just picked up the racquet today and i was horrified. on the frame they have the spots marked where the strings have to be tied off (with an x and "tie off" written on it). he didn't tie it off there. the string was tied off by the o ports!! how could he mess it up like that? did he not look it up online how to string it? was i supposed to give him the instructions? anyways, i paid him b/c i didn't want to confront him but i'm cutting them out abd taking it somwhere else.

don't cut out the strings. take it back and let him know that the correct tie offs are marked on the frame. also let him know the way he strung the racquet was incorrect. see what he says. maybe he had someone else string the racquet and he was lazy and didn't check it? give him the chance to make it right. if he is even a little bit professional he will give you at least a free string job.

Ronaldo
09-23-2006, 01:54 PM
I've had an experience like this before. I had 3 racquets strung all at the same tension with Super Smash Honey and one of my racquets the string broke after about 2 hrs and my other 2 racquets lost quite a bit of tension in only 4 hrs of play. Since then I bought my own stringer and have never been happier.
Plus you will never post a thread 'I messed up my string job' eh?

snoflewis
09-23-2006, 02:03 PM
if this happened to me, which it never will because i string my own rackets :), i would give him a call and just tell him that he didnt string the racket correctly and that you will be cutting them out and going to a different stringer from now on. also, for all you know, the crosses might not even be at the right tension because he didnt use the boomerang tool OR the brake. if he was somewhat professional, he would offer to restring or at least give you your money back for string and labor...if not, then you better start spreading the news...

murzin48
09-23-2006, 02:10 PM
I would recommend you talking to the Head Pro and showing hin the racquet ASAP. I'm sure he will be embarassed and refund your money and try and compensate you for your wasted time. Pro shops need repeat customers to stay open and will in most situations correct there mistakes. Try and find a USRSA certified stringer in your area.

buder
09-23-2006, 05:54 PM

FYI: where he ties off is meaningless -- doesn't matter. [?when you say "near the O-port", what do you mean? --please tell me which grommet he tied off on]

migjam
09-23-2006, 07:47 PM
You need to take it back and enlighten him. If he does that to your frame, he is bound to do it to another person frame. Help him out, and tell him where he went wrong so that he can make the corrections.