PDA

View Full Version : HOw to Use A Tremont Racquet Stringer?

DERLOUIS
09-23-2006, 10:00 AM
i've got A tremont T145 that I have but I do not have the instructions. Does anyone know how to Use it? Please Help Me!!......................

theace21
09-23-2006, 10:18 AM
You can do a search, but that machine was probably last made 20 years ago. It had a crank, that you had to turn like a hundred times to get the correct tension. It was difficult to weave the cross strings, not much room underneath. I had a friend who bought one, and got fustrated and never used it again...

If you really want to try, mount the racket and give it a try. I wouldn't use my good racket, find and old racket for your first. I don't remember how the string connects to the crank.

Good luck

Rabbit
09-24-2006, 07:20 PM
The Tremont was my first stringing machine. It was tedious and not very accurate I'm afraid. The string looped around the pole and then you had a vice-grip like plier that clamped over the string to hold it while you tensioned. The crank was slow.

The mounting system was a two point with a bar that fed throug the center section and then you fit it to the cross section of the frame. You basically left it there until you had to remove it to string the crosses. The mounting system was another weak point in the design.

There was another of the floating clamps that you used to clamp off the string once you tensioned it. The problem was, since it was a floating clamp, you had to tension the first two strings at the same time or you couldn't clamp it.

Hope this helps.

migjam
09-24-2006, 07:41 PM
It was my first stringer as well. They didn't have the side brace when I had mine and I broke the crank (I was into the Borg tensions back then)

Rabbit
09-25-2006, 07:16 AM
It was my first stringer as well. They didn't have the side brace when I had mine and I broke the crank (I was into the Borg tensions back then)

LOL...yep, I know the feeling. I had an R-7 that I routinely strung at 80 pounds on that thing. (In reality, it was probably a solid 70 pounds the Tremont wasn't exactly an instrument; it got you close enough for government work.)