PDA

View Full Version : Silent Partner Pro remote

mistral
09-23-2006, 04:32 PM
Has anyone had any problems with the SP Pro remote? It seems somewhat inconsistent. I used it for the first time today, and had to run almost all the way to the machine couple of times to turn the feed off. The beep is a nice feature, but I wish it were a little louder...

varuscelli
09-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Has anyone had any problems with the SP Pro remote? It seems somewhat inconsistent. I used it for the first time today, and had to run almost all the way to the machine couple of times to turn the feed off. The beep is a nice feature, but I wish it were a little louder...

I had similar trouble at first with my SP Pro. The remote was occasionally getting me no responses from the machine when I used the sweep mode (even if I just turned the sweep mode on and off and continued to use the machine without sweep the lack of response continued).

In those cases, I had to do almost exactly as you describe and move within an arm's length of the machine to make the remote work.

I contacted the seller about it and they said the sweep motor was likely interfering with the remote. They walked me through a process of reversing two wires on the circuit board that essentially reversed the direction of the motor. This was about a 5-minute exercise on my part and sure enough fixed the problem.

The SP technical guys sent me photos and written instructions on how to fix the problem. It was a bit perplexed at having to fix it this way, but it saved the time and money of sending the unit back and did truly take me only a few minutes to fix.

I'd suggest calling Silent Partner and telling them what's going on and see if the problem with you machine might be the same thing as what I went through with mine.

varuscelli
09-23-2006, 05:03 PM
PS,

Silent Partner had informed me that this was a rare occurrence with their machines, but they obviously had a fix prepared for it. This is not a problem for which I've seen discussion elsewhere, so I'm guessing it must be as they say -- a rare occurrence.

mistral
09-24-2006, 03:15 PM
Thanks varuscelli. I haven't had a chance to take the machine out again, but as far as I can remember I didn't use the sweep till the very end of the practice. The interesting thing was that the remote didn't give me any problems turning the feed on; it's just that I couldn't turn it off consistently. I'll check it out more thoroughly next time...

varuscelli
09-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Thanks varuscelli. I haven't had a chance to take the machine out again, but as far as I can remember I didn't use the sweep till the very end of the practice. The interesting thing was that the remote didn't give me any problems turning the feed on; it's just that I couldn't turn it off consistently. I'll check it out more thoroughly next time...

I know you probably checked into this already, but the first thing the book says in terms of troubleshooting the remote is to check or replace the remote's batteries. I did that when I was experiencing problems with the remote, but the batteries were fine. But once I went through the procedure to reverse the two wires in the machine, everything worked as it should. But you might want to test or replace the batteries first, just to make sure.