PDA

View Full Version : BB Original vs ALU Power

POGforEver
09-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Is BB Org. more durable than ALU Power? I tried ALU Rough in my POGs and it snapped rather quickly (notched pretty bad) so I wanted to see if ALU or Org would hold up better. And is BB rough more durable than the ALU version? I've been using kevlar hybrids and I'm just looking for some more feel. Any other suggestions would be good too, leaning toward the poly side of things. Thanks!

vinnier6
09-24-2006, 01:29 PM
Is BB Org. more durable than ALU Power? I tried ALU Rough in my POGs and it snapped rather quickly (notched pretty bad) so I wanted to see if ALU or Org would hold up better. And is BB rough more durable than the ALU version? I've been using kevlar hybrids and I'm just looking for some more feel. Any other suggestions would be good too, leaning toward the poly side of things. Thanks!
you said alu power notched pretty bad...did someone burn your mains by pulling your crosses to fast or not fanning them...

POGforEver
09-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Strung it myself, and I took my time pulling the crosses. Also just for clarification I was using Rough not power. Next time I string up and poly I'll pay extra attention to the crosses so I don't burn them.

Bottle Rocket
09-24-2006, 07:35 PM
I think ALU Power and BB Original are both extremely durable, with an edge to the Original. Everytime I have used ALU Power, I have gotten some notching. The Original seems to be better about that, but I think you loose some feel with it. I have never been able to break either one.

I think the big difference is in feel and power... ALU Power feels a little better to me, but the biggest thing, it seems BB Original is an EXTREMELY low-powered string. ALU Power is just right with all the spin of the Original.

migjam
09-24-2006, 07:42 PM
I feel like the BB Original produces alot more vibration than ALU Power.

Bottle Rocket
09-25-2006, 07:21 AM
I've found that both of them ping and vibrate a lot... When I got a new racket and had it strung with Luxilon I thought there was a manufacturing flaw because I couldn't get rid of the pinging type sounds. A worm dampener is the minimum to take care of them. It really get's to me, it doesn't seem like most people have a problem with it.

I use a more "standard" dampener on rackets with synthetic guts.

BigServer1
09-25-2006, 09:27 PM
BB original is a little bit thicker (1.30mm opposed to ALU@1.25), so that makes them more durable. If you are using an open pattern, try the original. They come in rough too, if you're looking for some extra spin.

wxr
09-26-2006, 06:52 AM
BB original is also available in a 1.38 mm