PDA

View Full Version : Blake: Has he decided on a frame yet?

AJK1
09-24-2006, 10:40 PM
Has Blake finally settled on a particular frame yet, or is he still "experimenting". It would have to be the longest demo i've ever seen!! It's been going on for months!

McStud
09-25-2006, 04:32 AM
i'm guessing he'll be using the new 03 hybrid tour soon. of course with a bit o' lead tape and a few other mods.

Greg Raven
09-25-2006, 09:51 AM
I doubt it will be the O3 Tour Hybrid. I spoke with Doug Fonte last week about the development on Blake's racquet, and he indicated that they were putting the finishing touches on it, and that it would be ready for Blake in November or December. The hope is that Blake will start using the new racquet in January.

Ripper
09-25-2006, 11:02 AM
The hope is that Blake will start using the new racquet in January.

The hope?! Lol! Prince has had to, REALLY, kiss Blake's butt. Incredible!

J-man
09-25-2006, 12:28 PM
I doubt it will be the O3 Tour Hybrid. I spoke with Doug Fonte last week about the development on Blake's racquet, and he indicated that they were putting the finishing touches on it, and that it would be ready for Blake in November or December. The hope is that Blake will start using the new racquet in January.They like to premire the new racekts at the 1 GS of the year

indianpryd45
09-25-2006, 05:24 PM
i think his is the o3 hybrid tour, which is a really new racquet

a prince rep said that it was blake's racquet, but he uses a different hybrid tour, with a different string pattern, different from the o3 H-tour's 16x18 pattern

Blake's actual pattern may never be released, but the o3 hybrid tour is his frame

ngtaj88
09-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Blake's actual pattern may never be released, but the o3 hybrid tour is his frame

blake's string pattern version will be released in january. its already been confirmed by the reps for a 18X20 string pattern

AJK1
09-26-2006, 03:29 PM
Over 12mths testing seems ridiculous for a guy who'll never win a slam!

ollinger
09-26-2006, 06:48 PM
What's all this about Blake using a Hybrid Tour. The thing's released already and he's not using it in Davis Cup. Wouldn't you think he'd be using it by now if he thought it was worth a damn?

Amone
09-26-2006, 06:54 PM
He's, apparently, using a second version, NOT released yet, with a different string pattern. Don't want to let that one get out yet, I guess they say.

However, I asked the same question to myself, watching the Davis Cup.

theartoftennis
09-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Might as well bring it out for the Master's.

AJK1
09-26-2006, 07:58 PM
Prince sound like they are just as confused as us!! Blake should just use a Wilson or Head and be done with it!

Gabs011
09-27-2006, 12:16 AM
In my opinion....the Blake/Prince situation has become an absolute and utter JOKE. In mean its fair enough that initially Blake is hesitant to switch so he uses the black experimental stick. In the short term that can even provide extra publicity for Prince as people start to wonder what James will use following the experimental. But now....its been a pretty damn long time since he's using it and even though the O3 Hybrid Tour is out, I bet James won't be using it any time soon.

I think both parties need to get their act together. James should only sign for a new racket company if he confident that he can eventually live up to their demands. If is so glued at the waist to that Dunlop frame then don't sign for another company as far as I'm concerned.

I read an article about Novak Djokovic not too long ago in which he talks about his switch from Head to Wilson. He was playing with the Head LM Radical for a long time and then Wilson signed him up. He said that they produced about 20 different versions of the nBlade and he basically chose the best one....which was virtually exactly the same as his LM Radical. Thats how it should be done.....Wilson would never let any player make a fool out of them like Blake is doing with Prince....

El Diablo
09-27-2006, 06:37 AM
I haven't seen the details of Blake's arrangement with Prince, and I'm not sure you have either, so speculation about whether Blake is honoring the contract seems foolish to me. Blake has always comported himself with dignity and fairness in his career and we have no reason to believe now that he is violating his agreement.
Prince should take the Volkl "Legends" approach and see if they can get, say, Harold Solomon and Betty Stove to play with the Hybrid Tour, since Blake apparently won't go near it.

FREDDY
10-01-2006, 05:31 PM
i keep hearing that blake's newly inspired o3 racket came out since september yet i havent seen him playing with it. even in his most recent tournament, bangkok. what the heck. dunlop should just apologize and resign with him. prince will have to make a new line of rackets wavering away from the o3's

Chang
10-02-2006, 05:01 PM
The hope?! Lol! Prince has had to, REALLY, kiss Blake's butt. Incredible!

Prince is pretty desperate for good players.

BDAZ
10-03-2006, 06:10 AM
it must be hard for blake. i'd be hesitant to switch racquets if i was playing the best tennis of my life. i understand he's under contract, but prince should've realized that this was going to be a tough thing.