PDA

View Full Version : what racquet do you play with?

The Pusher Terminator
09-25-2006, 06:43 AM
whats the most popular racquet on this board? Pick the racquet you play with and then list what you think will be the top 5 in popularity

1. Wilson
2. babolat
3. head
4. prince
5. Yonex

Here is the list of racquet on tw:

• Avery Racquets
• Babolat Racquets
• Dunlop Racquets
• Fischer Racquets
• Gamma Racquets
• Head Racquets
• Power Angle
• Prince Racquets
• ProKennex
• Tecnifibre
• Volkl Racquets
• Wilson Racquets
• W Line Racquets
• Yonex Racquets

tennis life
09-25-2006, 06:59 AM
Babolat Pure storm, what about u?

The Pusher Terminator
09-25-2006, 07:37 AM
Babolat Pure storm, what about u?

So far my prediction is way off...there a 3 way tie between babolat , Dunlop & prince. Head is in the lead big time. But this is still early ...so far there are zero wilsons and you know that has to change! I am still standing by my prediction:

1. Wilson
2. babolat
3. head
4. prince
5. Yonex

btw...I use babolat pd plus.... but on my serve games I actually use the APD plus.

oscar_2424
09-25-2006, 07:51 AM
wilson
prince
babolat
head
yonex

diegaa
09-25-2006, 07:54 AM
an oldie wilson pro staff 6.0

dubleon
09-25-2006, 07:59 AM
Pure Storm / Hyper Hammer

TnTBigman
09-25-2006, 08:00 AM
Wilson
Babolat
Head
Prince
Yonex

I play with the Head LM Radical MP.

The Pusher Terminator
09-25-2006, 08:01 AM
wilson
prince
babolat
head
yonex

Yeah I think Wilson will probably still be king. I bet everyone agrees on that.

Its amazing to me how fast Babolat has risen. You picked them for the #3 spot and I picked them for the #2 spot.

Babolat is so new on the scene but it is some powerhouse. The PD is called the racquet of the decade. babolat is the Bill gates of tennis!

ravemaster806
09-25-2006, 08:13 AM
i play with the pog lobgbody and i think prince makes the best racquets

The Pusher Terminator
09-25-2006, 08:57 AM
Wow! This is a shocker.

So far its:

1. Head

2. Wilson

3 & 4 Babolat and Dunlop

5. Prince

I had picked:

1. Wilson
2. babolat
3. head
4. prince
5. Yonex

Tennis Man
09-25-2006, 09:06 AM
Wilson (PS85, n6.1 Tour 90)
Head (LM Prestige)
Yonex (would be #3)

The Pusher Terminator
09-25-2006, 09:12 AM
Wilson (PS85, n6.1 Tour 90)
Head (LM Prestige)
Yonex (would be #3)

awwwww crap!!! I forgot to include Yonex!!!

tennisboy87
09-25-2006, 08:14 PM
Wilson HPS 6.1 MP.

Noveson
09-25-2006, 08:16 PM
How do you forget Yonex and remember technifibre and pro kennex? Or for that matter volkl lol.

TennsDog
09-25-2006, 08:19 PM
I use various incarnations of Wilson ProStaffs. I like the head and grip shapes of Wilson rackets.

Noveson
09-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Wilson and Head are too mainstream to not win. Not saying they are bad racquets because I like a few of them(presitges anybody) but they are just more out there as far as people knowing about them. I don't know if that is why they are winning on this board because everybody here is pretty knowledgable about racquets.

Will888
09-25-2006, 09:25 PM
I pla with the Weed racquets.....:p kidding, I use a yonex, look at my signature:D

lacoster
09-25-2006, 09:45 PM
Who forgets Yonex? Also, it's spelled Tecnifibre.
________
R2 (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Jaguar_R2)

BiGGieStuFF
09-25-2006, 10:06 PM
Man i'm pretty torn right now. I feel i'm stuck in between my shark and my 300g. One is great when i'm clicking on all cylinders and one is great when I'm off and need to get the ball in play. Talk about being a Tweener.

str33t
09-25-2006, 10:07 PM
head lm radical with lead tape weighing in at 11.7 ounces.

The Pusher Terminator
09-26-2006, 06:35 AM
Who forgets Yonex? Also, it's spelled Tecnifibre.

Thanks teach. But this is America we and no longer have "french fries" we now have "freedom fries". Same goes for "Tecnifbre" which is now "Technifiber" ;)

And again sorry about Yonex...its a great company. Just check off "other"

TennsDog
09-26-2006, 08:54 AM
Thanks teach. But this is America we and no longer have "french fries" we now have "freedom fries". Same goes for "Tecnifbre" which is now "Technifiber" ;)

And again sorry about Yonex...its a great company. Just check off "other"
Sorry. French fries vs. freedom fries is a matter of (besides Americans being whiny and annoying) changing the name of a type of food. Technifiber vs. Technifibre is a matter of changing a name brand. It's a registered trademark, which means it is spelled the way it is spelled. That's the name. There is no tennis company called "Technifiber." So if you want to call french fries freedom fries, whatever, your choice. But you simply can't change a name brand's spelling. That would be like spelling "Nike" like "Nikey" just to Americanize it. Americans need to stop being so arrogant and accept other countries as they are.

Janne
09-26-2006, 09:01 AM
Americans need to stop being so arrogant and accept other countries as they are.

Spot on!

0d1n
09-26-2006, 09:37 AM
Because it's an American website I say Wilson will win. In Europe Head would win comfortably.
1. Wilson
2. Head
3. Prince
4. Babolat
5. Volkl
6. Yonex
7. Fischer

frekcles
09-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Lately I've gravitated towards the Radicals (Ti, i. and LM). Looking to get the FXP and the older versions before the Ti.

drakulie
09-26-2006, 10:18 AM
Sorry. French fries vs. freedom fries is a matter of (besides Americans being whiny and annoying) changing the name of a type of food.

Americans need to stop being so arrogant and accept other countries as they are.

Actually this is incorrect. "French fries" in America were commonly known as "steak fries", or "potato fries". Somewhere somehow they became commonly known as "french fries" because of Europeans coming over here and mistakenly referring to them as "French Fries". But they were first served as a whole potato fried in cooking oil. Later they were sliced, etc. Many different countries claim to have first had "French fries", bu the fact is they were first "fried" in America.

The Pusher Terminator
09-26-2006, 10:21 AM
Sorry. French fries vs. freedom fries is a matter of (besides Americans being whiny and annoying) changing the name of a type of food. Technifiber vs. Technifibre is a matter of changing a name brand. It's a registered trademark, which means it is spelled the way it is spelled. That's the name. There is no tennis company called "Technifiber." So if you want to call french fries freedom fries, whatever, your choice. But you simply can't change a name brand's spelling. That would be like spelling "Nike" like "Nikey" just to Americanize it. Americans need to stop being so arrogant and accept other countries as they are.

First of all I was joking around ...hence the smiley face. But now that you mention it French Fries should actually be called "Belgian fries" because thats where they were invented. The French have a habit of stealing things and naming it their own.....i.e. the croisannt (spelled completely wrong...so please dont kill me Frenchie) was actually created in Hungary.

Now watch out or I will start speaking German and make you run away.

macersl
09-26-2006, 10:31 AM

I sincerely doubt the person writing the post is trying to change the way the company is spelled but rather spelled it incorrectly out of habit based on American English. Why do you have to politicize it while bashing America in general? Also, Nike is an American company. Bad comparison.

TennsDog
09-26-2006, 10:32 AM
Actually this is incorrect. "French fries" in America were commonly known as "steak fries", or "potato fries". Somewhere somehow they became commonly known as "french fries" because of Europeans coming over here and mistakenly referring to them as "French Fries". But they were first served as a whole potato fried in cooking oil. Later they were sliced, etc. Many different countries claim to have first had "French fries", bu the fact is they were first "fried" in America.
The point of my post wasn't to determine the origins of French fries. I don't care who invented them or where. Today, they are called French fries or, as I prefer, simply fries. Again, the specifics of fried potatoes aren't really the matter at hand.

The Pusher Terminator
09-26-2006, 10:50 AM
I sincerely doubt the person writing the post is trying to change the way the company is spelled but rather spelled it incorrectly out of habit based on American English. Why do have to politicize it while bashing America in general? Also, Nike is an American company. Bad comparison.

Thank you!!! I just made a spelling error! Sheesh!

The problem is that French people are so concerned about everyone speaking French! Thats the real problem here! Ever go to Paris and try and speak English? They actually get mad at you. Or how about Montreal? They really don't like English there very much at all!

The French need to stop forcing everything down our throats. I'm sorry that I spelled Technifibre wrong. Now get over it...sheesh!!!!

TennsDog
09-26-2006, 10:58 AM
I sincerely doubt the person writing the post is trying to change the way the company is spelled but rather spelled it incorrectly out of habit based on American English. Why do have to politicize it while bashing America in general? Also, Nike is an American company. Bad comparison.
Nike is an American company, but it's not an American name. Nike is the Greek goddess of victory, and is thus not spelled with American standards.

Punisher, the way you responded to lacoster didn't suggest a simple mistake in spelling. I can easily understand a misspelling, but not a refusal to accept the French spelling simply because we aren't French.

ollinger
09-26-2006, 11:08 AM
Funny how people rank Babolat ahead of Prince in presumed popularity. Go to non-specialty stores and Prince is everywhere, babolat only sometimes seen. Even proshops usually give more wallspace to Prince.

drakulie
09-26-2006, 11:30 AM
The point of my post wasn't to determine the origins of French fries. I don't care who invented them or where. Today, they are called French fries or, as I prefer, simply fries. Again, the specifics of fried potatoes aren't really the matter at hand.

Well then you should'nt have incorrectly bashed Americans by using "french fries" as example, because you are wrong.

You should have stuck to what you wrote about "technifibre vs technifiber", and left it at that, rather than taking the cheap shot you took.

TennsDog
09-26-2006, 11:45 AM
Well then you should'nt have incorrectly bashed Americans by using "french fries" as example, because you are wrong.

You should have stuck to what you wrote about "technifibre vs technifiber", and left it at that, rather than taking the cheap shot you took.
And what cheap shot is that? Giving my opinion on the arrogance of America as a country and Americans as a people?

mshinde
09-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Back to topic.... I play with Fischer MSpeed pro No. 1 98.

Gost
09-26-2006, 12:51 PM
I don't expect it to be on Top5, but I play with Vantage, which is missing on the list in general, so I picked "other".

IMHO we see Wilson, Babolat and Head as most used, others not sure about, depends on area probably. E.g. in my area such raquets as Fischer and Yonex you woun't find anywhere.

Hondasteve
09-26-2006, 12:55 PM
Wilson all the way. PS 85 and Ncode 95. Best of the old and new schools.

The Pusher Terminator
09-26-2006, 01:09 PM
And what cheap shot is that? Giving my opinion on the arrogance of America as a country and Americans as a people?

Yes that is what you call a cheap shot. There was no need for that. This is an American website and we are very pleased to have you here but what gives you the right to say such insulting things simply because I mispelled Technifibre as technifiber. I do not believe an Englisman would be upset if I spelled Colour as color. So what is the real difference here?

The difference is that the French have an inferiority complex whereas the English do not.

Just read the words you use: "Arrogant". What exactly is it that we are "Arrogant" about?

The French have egos the size of Condiminiums. Any percieved threats to their fragile ego is responded to with an attack.

I can easily understand a misspelling, but not a refusal to accept the French spelling simply because we aren't French.

I assure you that I mispelled Technifibre completely by accident. I did not mean it as any insult to you or your little country. (and that was meant as an insult).

drakulie
09-26-2006, 01:40 PM

To begin with, your use of the example "French Fries" is incorrect and not an opinion as I already pointed out. Secondly, when you used that incorrect example, you equated it with "Americans being arrogant" because they decided to call french fries- "Freedom Fries", when in fact the origin is not "French Fries". However, us "arrogant" Americans have adopted the use by Europeans who came over here, and have continued to use the term "french fries". I would hardly call that arrogant.

In addition, the correct spelling of the word "technifiber" is spelled T.E.C.H.N.I.F.I.B.E.R.,not T.E.C.H.N.I.F.I.B.R.E. Regrdless of the name of the company or product from France that decided to change the spelling to have it copyrighted.

drakulie
09-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Nike is an American company, but it's not an American name. Nike is the Greek goddess of victory, and is thus not spelled with American standards.

Wrong again. Whenever you translate any word to another language you spell it in the language that country uses. So "Nike" is spelled correctly in America/English- as the greek god and company, unlike "Technifibre", which is spelled incorrectly. But as you state "Americans arrogant".

By the way, the Romans called "Nike", "Victoria" ---hence victory.

In addition, Nike is not only the goddess of victory but messenger of the gods. PS, She wasn't even a god, but more of a "thought or idea. "

dave333
09-26-2006, 01:56 PM
i chose dunlop
but its:
wilson
prince
head
babolat
dunlop

The Pusher Terminator
09-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Wrong again. Whenever you translate any word to another language you spell it in the language that country uses. So "Nike" is spelled correctly in America/English.

By the way, the Romans called "Nike", "Victoria" ---hence victory.

In addition, Nike is not only the goddess of victory but messenger of the gods.

Thats not his real problem. He wants the world to speak French. If you go to Paris you will see that even though some people speak English they refuse to do so! This is the same mentailty. Its an inferiority complex that The French have:

I can easily understand a misspelling, but not a refusal to accept the French spelling simply because we aren't French.

pNoyr3D
09-26-2006, 01:57 PM
I currently play with the Dunlop M-Fil 300. I have 2 of them.

The Pusher Terminator
09-26-2006, 01:58 PM
i chose dunlop
but its:
wilson
prince
head
babolat
dunlop

I cant believe dunlop is beating babolat!

drakulie
09-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Thats not his real problem. He wants the world to speak French. If you go to Paris you will see that even though some people speak English they refuse to do so! This is the same mentailty. Its an inferiority complex that The French have:

True!

TennsDog
09-26-2006, 04:43 PM
I actually have no desire for the world to speak French, or any other single language for that matter. I just think Americans are spoiled and arrogant, and that's my opinion. If you don't like it, tough. I'm free to express it as I wish.
(In case you didn't catch that, yes, that was intended to seem as a bit of a contradiction on my part. I did it to prove a point.)

tennis_nerd22
09-26-2006, 05:35 PM
How do you forget Yonex and remember technifibre and pro kennex? Or for that matter volkl lol.

lol thats my question...

Big Fed
09-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Wilson all the way *****.

The Pusher Terminator
09-27-2006, 06:55 AM
lol thats my question...

I agree. My bad! That was really stupid on my part. Do a new poll and include Yonex! making 10 polling options was a pain in the ars.

But whats really intersting is how wrong my perception was. It seemed to me that babolat was used by soooo many people. In fact i picked it to be the second most popular racquet...it came in 7th...even behind Volk! here are the standing so far:

1. Wilson
2. Head
3. Prince'
4. Yonex/other (sorry)
5. Dunlop
6 Volkl
7. Babolat
8 &9 ProKennex & Fisher tied!
10. technifiber

The Pusher Terminator
09-27-2006, 07:08 AM
I actually have no desire for the world to speak French, or any other single language for that matter. I just think Americans are spoiled and arrogant, and that's my opinion. If you don't like it, tough. I'm free to express it as I wish.
(In case you didn't catch that, yes, that was intended to seem as a bit of a contradiction on my part. I did it to prove a point.)

Is it your point that the USA desires the world to speak English? Hey thats not our fault. Other countries feel that learning English is far more important than learning French. Thats not our opinion...its the Worlds opinion.

A good analogy is players like Grosjean...no one cares about players like Grosjean because they they just don't matter.

pNoyr3D
09-27-2006, 08:02 AM
I cant believe dunlop is beating babolat!

Dunlop is great!! What can we say, haha.. We all love dunlop here :-P.

The Pusher Terminator
09-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Dunlop is great!! What can we say, haha.. We all love dunlop here :-P.

I really was fooled. Doesn't it seem like so many more people play with babolat. Everytime I am on the court I see that pure drive and now the APD's are gaining popularity. I never see Dunlop! Even more rare is Volkl which beat out Babolat as well.

BiGGieStuFF
09-27-2006, 11:11 AM
Well i believe at one time babolat was VERY popular. Maybe since then people have moved onto different rackets. I don't know.

The Pusher Terminator
09-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Well i believe at one time babolat was VERY popular. Maybe since then people have moved onto different rackets. I don't know.

I guess , or does it just seem like babolat is everywhere. I know that when I paly doubles there is always at least one guy with a babolat.

Its really strange...i certainly have not seen more Volkls than babolats!

Maybe there is a Babolat backlash and everyone is sick of Babolat.

The Pusher Terminator
09-27-2006, 08:30 PM
ok..this is shaping up more to my expectations

the standings so far are:

1. Wilson
2. Head
3. Prince
4. Other/Yonex
5. babolat
6.Dunlop
7. Volkl
8 & 9 Fisher and pro kennex tied
10 technifiber

I made a mistake and forgot idiotically forgot to include yonex. would the people who acknowledged that they use Yonex racquets identify themselves...to make this post more accurate.

varuscelli
09-27-2006, 09:01 PM
awwwww crap!!! I forgot to include Yonex!!!

Yes, but you also left off French Fries, and they seem to be the one of the hottest items in the thread (based on number of mentions). :p

Add Yonex back in and put Fries at "First Alternate" (Position 10a).

The Pusher Terminator
10-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Yes, but you also left off French Fries, and they seem to be the one of the hottest items in the thread (based on number of mentions). :p

Add Yonex back in and put Fries at "First Alternate" (Position 10a).

too funny. anyway some surorising results:

1.Wilson
2. head
3. Prince
4. babolat
5. Dunlop
6.Volkl
7. Yonex (I just split other in half as an estimate)
8. other
9 & 10...three way tie Pro Kennex , Technifiber, Fisher

My original picks were quite off:
1. Wilson
2. babolat
3. head
4. prince
5. Yonex

Snoopchicken
10-02-2006, 01:06 PM
Head and Prince are probably my favorite... maybe Head is a little bit better for me, I don't know :P

The Pusher Terminator
10-05-2006, 07:10 AM
Head and Prince are probably my favorite... maybe Head is a little bit better for me, I don't know :P

so you like head ;)...just kidding...its a great company.

TripleB
10-05-2006, 10:42 AM
starting next Monday, Babolat Pure Drive Roddick!!!

TripleB

AceYouVeryMuch
10-05-2006, 11:07 AM
I use a dunlop racquet.

Baghdatis72
10-05-2006, 12:45 PM
I use Head Liquidmetal Heat and I think the popularity goes like this:

1 Wilson
2 Head
3 Babolat
4 Prince
5 Fischer

The Pusher Terminator
10-06-2006, 08:47 PM
I use Head Liquidmetal Heat and I think the popularity goes like this:

1 Wilson
2 Head
3 Babolat
4 Prince
5 Fischer

Well babolat is catching up on Prince in a big way!! 20-25!

buddythelion
10-06-2006, 09:01 PM
My current racquet is a Head Intelligent i.S4 Oversize.

nalex
10-06-2006, 09:09 PM
i use babolats. yay!

my prediction:
1 wilson
2 head
3 babolat
4 prince
5 ...i don't know

buddythelion
10-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Might switch to a diff. one! yay!....or nay.....

Robbie_1988
10-08-2006, 06:28 AM
Started off with Babolat Pure Drive Team standard and played with that for 8 months.

Then played with Wilson Pro Staff Tour 90 for 1 year. And now i'm currently playing with the Nsix One Tour 90 and have been hitting with it for 1 year and 4 months.

goosala
10-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Wilson Pro Staff Original 85
Grip Size: 4 5/8 with Wilson Cushion Air Perforated grip
String: Gosen OG Sheep Micro 18 gauge
Tension: 54 lbs.
Damper: Pete Sampras O ring

I find that this combination gives me a stiff and powerful frame but is still cushioned by use of a synthetic grip and lower tension.