PDA

View Full Version : Head flexpoint prestige - worth it?

vkartikv
09-25-2006, 08:45 AM
I got a chance to demo it a few weeks ago. Just didn't seem like a prestige to me. The characteristic flex was missing (even though its called a flexpoint). It was, however, very easy to swing which made it seem like a cheap imitation. Serves were about 70% of what I could get with an i.prestige or classic mid. Is it worth the $199.95 they are selling it for? Any fxp prestige mid users here?

arosen
09-25-2006, 09:31 AM
What string did you have in it and at what tension? Its very string sensitive, so if your demo was way off from your regular i-pres, you can't make a good judgement.

BigServer1
09-25-2006, 10:42 AM
What string did you have in it and at what tension? Its very string sensitive, so if your demo was way off from your regular i-pres, you can't make a good judgement.

My thoughts exactly. I string mine with poly mains and gut crosses strung at 61/63 . This setup is awesome for spin, and low powered, which helps. I also have 10g of lead at 3 and 9, and have a volkl leather grip. The leather and the added weight help with the "classic" feel that I wanted.

Mine is 13oz and 8pts head light.

Hope this helps,

Josh

Tennis Man
09-25-2006, 10:56 AM
Why not just settle for LM Prestige? It's gonna be a rare frame very soon, IMHO.