PDA

View Full Version : String flexpoint racquets

BstonBruin
09-25-2006, 08:50 AM
Im having a little bit of a tough time stringing my flexpoint prestige and a friends radical. When i get to the top of the main strings...attempting to fit the string under the main string on the frame. Anybody have any suggestions, I know there must be a trick to it. Thanks a lot.

Christoph

BstonBruin
09-25-2006, 02:45 PM
so nobody has any suggestions....

bsandy
09-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Make a really sharp point, and be patient.

Pushing with a pair if needle nose, seems to help, too.

Pathfinder awls, are made to do this, but after breaking one off in a frame, I just use the above method.

GRANITECHIEF
09-25-2006, 03:14 PM
I ususally just use the awl to push the looped string out up or down just a little which allows the string to go thru. I put the tip of the awl right next to the hole, not inside it, and lift. Works like a charm.

BstonBruin
09-25-2006, 03:19 PM
I ususally just use the awl to push the looped string out up or down just a little which allows the string to go thru. I put the tip of the awl right next to the hole, not inside it, and lift. Works like a charm.
that works with most racquets but the flexpoint prestige has such a weird head guard

bsandy
09-25-2006, 03:31 PM
that works with most racquets but the flexpoint prestige has such a weird head guard

God bless the CAP grommet system !

Steve Huff
09-25-2006, 09:57 PM
Plan ahead. Pre-weave the cross BEFORE tensioning the main. You'll still run into the same problem near the bottom. For CAP grommets, I take a piece of scrap poly, make a loop, and put the entire loop under the main string. This way, you can spread the loop open, and have enough room to push a string through.