PDA

View Full Version : New O3?

abenguyen
09-25-2006, 04:20 PM
it seems as if prince has released a new prince o3 called the o3 Citron have any of you heard of this? i should be called the o3 yellow but its not. it is an oversize and very light, supposedly a recreational racquet for weaker players? also this racquet is only sold online i believe and 5% of sales of that racquet will be donated to the veterans foreigh war foundation how cool. here is the link

http://www.princetennis.com/product/product_detail.asp?Product=1452

FuriousYellow
09-25-2006, 05:12 PM
Meh...It sounds like it's just a special edition of the O3 Blue as the specs are identical. Strange time for them to stray from there naming convention of using basic color names. They even have a picture of a "yellow" ribbon as part of the advertising so why call it O3 "Citron"?

tennisnj
09-25-2006, 05:18 PM
According to the latest issue of Tennis Week: A portion of the sales from the limted edition racquet will go to military families in need via the VFW Foundation. 2400 racquets have been produced, & suggested retail price is $249.99.

To me, generally speaking, Citron sounds like a better marketing word than yellow. Clothing stores do that all the time, Adidas & JCrew for example are famous for their alternate descriptions of simple colors.

snoflewis
09-25-2006, 07:24 PM
According to the latest issue of Tennis Week: 2400 racquets have been produced, & suggested retail price is $249.99.

To me, generally speaking, Citron sounds like a better marketing word than yellow. Clothing stores do that all the time, Adidas & JCrew for example are famous for their alternate descriptions of simple colors.

they look more light green than yellow, kind of like the "citra" color on the MDPs

Noveson
09-25-2006, 07:29 PM
I like the pj on that think....to bad it's 110 sq inches. It definitly looks yellow to me. I see no green tint.

abenguyen
09-26-2006, 02:19 PM
at least the yellow on it looks better than the yonex rds 001 yellow!

Duzza
09-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Why can't they make a o3Hybrid tour in every colour!

Ana712
09-27-2006, 12:41 PM
It looks hot..but don't they make it in midsize as well??I def. don't wanna play with an oversize..i had my head oversize times and i know what i am talking..

FuriousYellow
09-27-2006, 01:14 PM
It looks hot..but don't they make it in midsize as well??I.

As I pointed out earlier, this appears to be just an O3 Blue painted yellow (or Citron if you prefer). The specs are identical to the Blue. Same length, weight, headsize, cross section and balance.

It seems like Prince is trying to deceive consumers into thinking it's different somehow. I noticed on their website, they removed the power level in the description for the O3 Blue but a quick web search revealed it is 1300. The same power level as this new O3 Citron.

This seems pretty similar to what they did with the limited edition O3 Pink, which appeared to be just an O3 Silver in drag.

coolblue123
09-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Doesn't this sound like a racquet for vodka drinkers? Citron?

tennis_nerd22
09-27-2006, 01:33 PM
i wish the 03 hybrid tour came in that citron colour instead of orange :D