PDA

View Full Version : Alot of talk of the RDS 001 now? ehhh???

Nextman916
09-25-2006, 04:16 PM
Just been scanning the boards these days and im beginning to see alot of interest in the RDS 001. I dunno...its just nice to see, because i just bought the racquet a few weeks ago just because i personally liked it, but its turning out to be a very popular racquet. Seems i made a good decision, also a review due out this week i think.

oray777
09-25-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm demoing this racquet this week also. I've already demoed the RDX 500 and so far after demoing a few racquets already i would put that one on the top of the list. Hoping 001 will do much better. I really like the paint job:)

TonyB
09-25-2006, 04:33 PM
I liked the RDS 001 and I actually do like the paint job. But while the racquet had a ton of power and it could play a good all-around game, I just didn't quite feel right with it. Don't know how to put it into words, but it definitely was not a very forgiving racquet.

I've been a Yonex fan for about 20 years and I still play with my R-22. But I've tried several of the newer racquets (RDX 300, RDX 500, and RDS 001), but never quite got that same "wow" factor from them that I originally got when I first bought my R-22 (and thereafter, an RQ-120).

I remember trying the R-22 for the first time after playing with Head racquets for about 5 years, I thought "Wow! Now THIS is a great racquet!"

I just didn't feel that way about the newer Yonex breed, that's all.

bertrevert
09-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Heh heh I just did 1-2 years with some Head Rads and now just got a big wow factor from trying my first Yonex (RDS 001 MP)...

Yes I remember those earlier Yonexes but wasn't game enough to try them and found them expensive. Racquets seem cheaper now.

It'll be interesting to read the TW review because usually in their range of playtesters is someone about your own level so you can get an idea of how it suits you.

That paint job is not so bad I suppose. From reading the sticky about repainting a racquet I'd be a bit daunted at changing it. With the decals and the silver accent it's not too bad

I do think this is a forgiving racquet (the 98 MP) with its generous sweetspot and thinnish beam and HL it really performs well at many tasks. I do think it is an all round racquet but not an all-court racquet. By that distinction I mean that it's great in many strokes but may not be suitable to the all-court playing style. I could be wrong on that...

snoflewis
09-25-2006, 06:22 PM
it seems that the midplus is more popular than the mid, as it probably appeals to a wider range of players.

siber222000
09-25-2006, 06:28 PM
this racquet is GREAT!!! i demoed it for 2 weeks and was deciding rdx 500 mid or rds 001 mid, but eventually i chosed rds 001 mid... it's such a great racquet.. u should definitely demo it!

Noveson
09-25-2006, 07:12 PM
How is the power compared the the LM Radical Mid?

Will888
09-25-2006, 08:30 PM
I love the bumble bee racquet lol! A.K.A. RDS 001

snoflewis
09-25-2006, 09:53 PM

LM radical mid eh? sounds pretty new....:)

dl125
09-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Can't wait until after payday...getting the RDS 001 mid. Will add it to my RDS 001 MP (owned 3 months) and RDX 500 MP (owned 6 months). I want a mid in the house and that's the only one I'm leaning towards. My bro wants the N-six-one Tour 90 as his mid racquet.

Two Fister
09-25-2006, 10:04 PM

Hey, Noveson. No hard feelings, but that's my avatar. It's a picture I took of my daughter. It's unique to me, so I'd appreciate it if you chose another avatar.

Thanks.

snoflewis
09-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Hey, Noveson. No hard feelings, but that's my avatar. It's a picture I took of my daughter. It's unique to me, so I'd appreciate it if you chose another avatar.

Thanks.

i hate it when people take your avatar. i mean seriously...copying someone's own uniqueness.

some guy copied my tecnifibre avatar before and still has it.

as for teh avatar itself, it's an awesome picture. i thought it was a pro because the ball was hit so cleanly....

Duzza
09-25-2006, 10:38 PM
i hate it when people take your avatar. i mean seriously...copying someone's own uniqueness.

some guy copied my tecnifibre avatar before and still has it.

as for teh avatar itself, it's an awesome picture. i thought it was a pro because the ball was hit so cleanly....
it's so unfair isn't it? incase u missed it
http://i9.tinypic.com/4c91ag4.jpg

Two Fister
09-26-2006, 07:08 AM

Thanks. She was 12 years old when I took that shot. Even at 12, could flatten the ball nicely.

If my avatar were the Wilson W or the Prince P, thats one thing, but this is a photograph that I took myself of my daughter. That should be pretty much for my use only, IMO.

bad_call
09-26-2006, 12:45 PM

whose next? yo nex. lol :)

got the LM Rad Mid and satisfied with the power and control. just gotta get the strings and tension right. i need to wear thru the strings i have now so i can try some poly / syn gut string job.

too bad u probably are not anywhere near where i live cause i'd love to play a heavy topspinner with acute angles. :mrgreen:

dacrymn
09-26-2006, 12:50 PM
yay my thread turned out to be pretty popular! whee. and it's on the RDS001...I guess that says something.
________
Subaru SRD-1 history (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Subaru_SRD-1)

ajaxman
11-04-2006, 07:49 AM
rds001 is the best:p