PDA

View Full Version : Best Strings

WhiteSox05CA
09-25-2006, 06:36 PM
What would you guys say is the best string you have played with?

What was good about it (i.e. Spin, Power, Feel...)
What kind of material was it (i.e. Gut, Multifilament...)
What company or brand was it (i.e. Luxilon, Wilson, Prince...)
________
How To Roll A Blunt (http://howtorollablunt.net/)

punch
09-25-2006, 06:38 PM
I really liked my Prince Premier Softflex, a nice soft string with touch, a good mix of durability and playability. I'm sure it's not the best but I like it.

JayxTheKoolest
09-25-2006, 07:11 PM
I haven't played with many by any means however:

Wilson NXT Tour 17g

Its feel is really its only strength (soft yet crisp). Otherwise, I found the string to be average. It doesn't pocket the ball as well as some other strings, and the mains move all over the place.

int3rsc0p3
09-25-2006, 07:26 PM
The tecnifibre x-one biphase is an excellent string, it feels so darn close to gut.(multifilament)

tlm
09-25-2006, 08:22 PM
Pacific toughgut uncoated,there is no string that even comes close period!!

jasonbourne
09-25-2006, 09:42 PM
Klipper Zyex 16g or 17g

What was good about it? Longest playability I experienced and durability.
What kind of material was it? Multifilament.
What company or brand was it? Klipper.

Steve Huff
09-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Klip Legend Nat. Gut. NBMJ's comments got me to try this string, and I really like it. Besides it's great play, it has a great sound when hitting the ball.

BigServer1
09-25-2006, 10:20 PM
Klip Legend Nat. Gut. NBMJ's comments got me to try this string, and I really like it. Besides it's great play, it has a great sound when hitting the ball.

I wholeheartly agree. And it's $10 less a set than VS.

Hessam
09-26-2006, 09:01 AM
Luxilon Big Banger Original..... the heaviest ball you will ever hit, if you can generate enough racquet head speed.

An amazing all around string, although not particulary great at any one thing, however the mix of all of it's different properties produce an amazingly lively and heavy ball off of the string bed.

BiGGieStuFF
09-26-2006, 09:05 AM
have tried Prince Premier softflex, nxt tour, X1, lux alu power, and lux bb ace 18. currently testing out lux timo 18 in my shark. Was attracted to the touch aspect and extra control over the ACE 18 it supposedly has. durability is not an issue as the polys usually lose it's playability before they pop for me.

Cruzer
09-26-2006, 09:27 AM
The best string I have ever used is Pacific Prime Gut 16.

punch
09-26-2006, 11:49 AM
off topic...@ biggiestuff.

are you playing with the 27' standard shark?
I am thinking about picking up the LongBody on TW for 80 dollars, seeing as i've played with Prince sticks in the past and I think the Shark will fit my game.

What do you think about your Sharks? What game style do they fit?