PDA

View Full Version : Kirschbaum SSH 17g vs Signum Pro Poly Plasma 17L

sw00sh
09-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Anyone has used the above, please share your experience in terms of durability, softness, power, crisp and tension retention.

I have changed to SPPP recently and have develop some soreness in my wrist. I have never experience before using SPPP. SPPP also snapped pretty easily (referring to 17L) and it snapped at the most unlikely place, near the top head grommet. And twice it happened, and its due to mishit. The last string just last me 4 sets. I m contemplating to change back to SSH but need to find out from you guys if its similarly felt.

I m still trying to think it might not be the string, but meanwhile no harm asking you guys your experiences.

Thanks for your input if any.

Bogie
09-25-2006, 07:57 PM
just my .02, but you should definitely give kirschbaum p2 a try. its their latest string and from what i've used, by far their best. very soft and arm friendly string for a poly, extremely durable, spin friendly, and maintains tension better than any other poly i've ever played with. definitely worth a try, but thats just my opinion.

Steve Huff
09-25-2006, 09:53 PM
The SPPP has a softer, deader feel than the Kirsh SSH. It feels easier on the arm too. I haven't tried Kirshbaum's newest string, so can't comment on it. Durability isn't as issue with me as I don't break strings that much any more. I seemed to get better spin with the SPPP too.

sw00sh
09-26-2006, 04:37 AM
Hi Bogie and Steve,

Thanks for sharing your opinion and experience. I somehow still find the SPPP to be stiffer than SSH. Strange even I am comparing a 17L gauge with a 17g gauge string. I would expect SPPP to be far more stiffer.

The frequent snapping for me, however, not sure if due to Yonex RDX Mid frame's isometric shape. I have no complain however when I was using SSH.

To me, I still prefer a softer feel of SSH providing me instead of SPPP for now in spite of what I have been reading from here which state otherwise.

TripleB
09-26-2006, 04:46 AM
Kirschbaum is the better of the two and second only to Luxilon BB ALU Power 16L but if you take price into consideration the Kirschbaum is the winner hands down.

TripleB

Richie Rich
09-26-2006, 04:53 AM
the only downside, for me anyway, was the Kirsch SSH lost tension fairly quickly. and it's no longer a good value - there are better strings out there that are cheaper than KSSH

sw00sh
09-26-2006, 05:53 AM
Yes, SSH does lose tension fairly quickly. That's what prompted me to switch to SPPP in the first place. But I didnt realise I be comprimising on the stiffness SPPP offers.

Hessam
09-26-2006, 08:54 AM
The only Kirschbaum string that compares to SPPP is Turbo Touch 17

I use Tourbo Touch along with SPPP and I think that Turbo Touch is overall a more comfortable and powerfull spring than SPPP.

However as far as tension maint goes SPPP wins hands down.

SS Honey doesn't compare to these two strings well at all.

If you can stand the initial tension loss. I usually string at 56 with my Turbo Touch, when my normal tension is 53 for SPPP. by the time you've hit for about an hour with Turbo Touch the tension drops to about 50-52 and it stays around that tension until the string breaks.

Turbo Touch is an awsome string, and if you do a quick search on the web, Tennis Warehouse will honor the price of other competitors and Turbo Touch sells as low as 7.99 per package on the net. That is an awsome deal for an awsome string.

Steve Huff
09-26-2006, 12:11 PM
I really thought the Kirsh SS17 was stiffer than the SPPP. The SPPP is one of the few poly's I've been able to tolerate.

sw00sh
09-26-2006, 06:55 PM
hi Hessam,

Thanks for the recommendation but I just wanna compare this SSH and SPPP for now. :D

Steve, that's exactly what I gathered from reading the board abt SPPP. However the reality I have, is still on the opposite.

Just restrung both rackets with SPPP 17L and OG Micro 17g. Hope this time will give me a longer duration to test it.