PDA

View Full Version : The battle of the century

Tennisplaya345
09-25-2006, 07:06 PM
What racquet has the most power/looks the coolest?
Head Metallix 10 or Volkl DNX 1 Power Arm

Noveson
09-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Have to go with the Metallix, mostly because it looks ridiculous. Haven't and won't play with either.

Tennisplaya345
09-25-2006, 07:12 PM
I like the power arm, if I had to ever go against someone with one of those, I would quit just becuase the thing looks so sweet

tarheels2323
09-25-2006, 08:13 PM
I would seriously slap someone who came to play with one of those things. They're more suited to a racquetball court, or better yet on the bench where anyone who plays with one belongs. Seriously, both racquets are unbelievably ugly and their headsize just adds to it. I hope that Head and Volkl are trying to market to the 'Club Ladies Over 70' crowd who move only their wrist when hitting a ball and with those things probably still hit it long, because nobody that is serious about tennis would buy one. Those things are what the cavemen hunted game with. BTW, I wasn't even going to write this until I took another look at these things on the TW website and almost threw up. It's one thing to say that you should play with whatever racquet you play best with, but I think an exception has to be made in this case. If you need something like this to play then you probably shouldn't be playing tennis in the first place. Take up something else, like bingo.

I guess that turned into a rant. Sorry for that, but I needed to get that out.

Noveson
09-25-2006, 08:14 PM
That's take the 135" rule to the max. Taking advantage of it is more apt.