PDA

View Full Version : Specs on a cut-down POG Longbody?

couch
09-25-2006, 07:19 PM
What do you guys think the specs would be on a POG Longbody that is cut down to 27.5"?

Here are the original specs from TW for 28":

100 sq. in.
28 in.
11.6 oz. strung
13 pts. HL
321 Swingweight
63 Stiffness

Just curious.

Anyone done this and played with it? If so, can you give a quick review?

Thanks in advanced.
Couch

FuriousYellow
09-25-2006, 07:34 PM
I had one. It was cut down by the previous owner to 27.5". The specs were:

Weight: 11.4oz strung
Balance: 12pts HL

No idea what the new swingweight was, but it was way too low. I had a difficult time controlling pace and serving with it so I sold it. It reminded me a lot of the Diablo MP in that hitting outside the sweetspot really made this racquet twist in my hand, although not as badly as the Diablo. I'm probably not good enough to play with either one.

couch
09-26-2006, 03:34 PM
I just got one today and have cut it down to 27.5" and will string it tonight. Looks like those specs will be pretty close. I'm gonna string it with Big Banger Original tonight and will see what the final specs come out to be. I might add a little lead tape at 3 and 9 so it's not so head light and bring up the total weight a little.

bcsax123
09-26-2006, 04:35 PM
I've cut a Precion Equipe LB from 27.75" to 27.25"
and there seemed to be less power probably because of swingweight not actual weight. Once I added lead tape at 3 and 9, it was pretty good. There's an obvious feeling that the shorter the racket the lower the swingweight is.

couch
09-26-2006, 06:04 PM
Just got done stringing it with BB Original and PSG w/dfx and with building up the bottom of the grip a little with athletic tape, adding an overgrip and Sampras dampner the total weight is right at 330g or 11.63 oz.

I'll hit with it tomorrow and see if it's too headlight for my liking and will possibly add some lead. Just a little though at 3 and 9.

Thanks guys.