PDA

View Full Version : Sweetness is a feeling and a taste

MasterTS
09-25-2006, 11:37 PM
Few things taste and feel better than this!!! Only softer things unrelated to tennis..

Finally the holy grail. I played with this for an hour today and it was pure sweetness. Very high access to spin but has good drive too. Definitely better than the original O3 tour. Swings very light for a 12oz racquet.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/TwistServe/hybrid3.jpg

One thing disappointing but I've noticed this with lots of prince racquets..

Racquet1: Weighted officially at 11.89oz strung w/ overgrip
Racquet2: Weighted officially at 12.15oz strung w/ overgrip

Margin of .26oz is a lot!!! Time to lead up the lighter one!

Duzza
09-26-2006, 12:27 AM
Swings very light for a 12oz racquet.

i thought it had a humongous swingweight...

MasterTS
09-26-2006, 12:36 AM
i thought it had a humongous swingweight...

It does but it swings very light... My old stick is the FP Prestige XL which is close to 340 swing weight too, and I personally feel the O3 Hybrid Tour swings a lot lighter then the Prestige. I felt I could really whip through the ball. Maybe the o-ports make it aerodymanic?

P.S. it's also very low powered

Duzza
09-26-2006, 01:07 AM
It does but it swings very light... My old stick is the FP Prestige XL which is close to 340 swing weight too, and I personally feel the O3 Hybrid Tour swings a lot lighter then the Prestige. I felt I could really whip through the ball. Maybe the o-ports make it aerodymanic?

P.S. it's also very low powered
How low powered? Have you tried a POG mid is it lower than that?

Supernatural_Serve
09-26-2006, 04:09 AM
Few things taste and feel better than this!!! Only softer things unrelated to tennis..I demoed it last winter and thought that it was the best tour class racquet I had felt in a long time for the player looking to move from a lighter classic control racquet into a racquet made for advanced players.

Very playable for players who are barely ready for a tour class racquet.

Too bad its got that roundish Prince handle/grip.

BiGGieStuFF
09-26-2006, 04:20 AM
Man those pictures make the racket look even better. Want to try it but I'm afraid it might be too low powered. How is the power level compared to a 300g HM?

MasterTS
09-26-2006, 05:06 AM
Man those pictures make the racket look even better. Want to try it but I'm afraid it might be too low powered. How is the power level compared to a 300g HM?

I've never used the 300g and really its not that low in power...

Hmm it's less then the FP Prestige XL IMO but the XL has added length which gives it more power. I don't remember how the regular prestige feels like.

BiGGieStuFF
09-26-2006, 05:23 AM
I've never used the 300g and really its not that low in power...

Hmm it's less then the FP Prestige XL IMO but the XL has added length which gives it more power. I don't remember how the regular prestige feels like.

Never used a prestige XL. Any other rackets for reference?

MasterTS
09-26-2006, 05:29 AM
Never used a prestige XL. Any other rackets for reference?

I think it's about the same range in terms of power as the N6.1 95... however it swings much easier then that stick.. Also has much more spin potential then the N6.195. The pattern is very open. In the wilson they just made it 16x18 but the strings were too dense on the inside, if you know what I mean.

Keep in mind I haven't hit with the Wilson in over 1 year so I vaguely remember it.

MasterTS
09-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Another pic by demand....

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/TwistServe/hybrid4.jpg

gonzalocatalino
09-26-2006, 10:09 AM
"kick *****" looking racquet...very nice, really.