PDA

View Full Version : best strings for flexpoints

abenguyen
09-26-2006, 03:20 PM
i was wondering what strings are best for flexpoint racquets. flexpoint fire more specifically.

Chicken Neck
09-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Well, I don't know if this helps(I use a FXP Radical Tour not a Fire) but I have tried a ton of different strings from Gamma( Prodigy, Pro, Livewire), Alpha (Gut 2000, Viper, Hardcourt), Head(FXP) and Volkl(Overdrive), Technifibre(Redcode) and I have found that the two best by far are, Topspin Cyberflash and Signum Pro Poly Plasma. If price is an issue you cannot beat the Cyberflash but both are great.

AJK1
09-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Hey Chicken Neck, i own a FXP Tour, and am curious as to your thoughts on the FXP String. I am thinking of putting some in my stick. Comments?

Chicken Neck
09-26-2006, 04:46 PM
It's a really nice soft string with very good feel but I have to say that after trying the polys I love the crisp pop that I get. You do give up a little pace on the first serve but you really gain some nice spin on the second. If you already hit the ball with plenty of pace, go with the poly. If not, the FXP is a great choice. Just as an aside, the reason I first tried the polys was that I was only getting a set from a string job now I can use a 17L SPPP or 1.25mm Cyberflash and get 8-12 sets. AJK1, the Gamma Prodigy also works well in the FXP Radical Tour. Good luck.

alcap26
09-26-2006, 05:15 PM
I am using Wilson Nxt Max 16 in my FXP Rad Tour and I really like the feel. Still getting plenty of spin.

AJK1
09-26-2006, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the info, cheers :)

abenguyen
09-26-2006, 06:31 PM
wilson nxt max you say alcap? hmm interesting ill give it a try once i purchase my fxp fire