PDA

View Full Version : LM Instinct XL

battousai555
09-26-2006, 05:03 PM
I just got my new LM Instinct XL strung with topspin cyberflash (17) for the mains and head RIP control (17) at 60 lbs., and got to play with it today. It seemed like the majority of my shots were going long, so as of now I am looking for a setup that would add more control to my shots (not necessarily a hybrid). Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

battousai555
09-27-2006, 06:32 AM
Bump. Bump.

jackson vile
09-27-2006, 07:39 AM
Personally I use nxt max in my LMIXL 55m 60x, it is an amazing racket, but prevents me from hitting those low Fed like shots, and the lack of mass is an issue.

This same thing happend to me when I first played with this racket, this is a spin racket end of story. The problem has nothing to do with the string and everything to do with your technique, try to spin more and control in stead of hitting flat and hard.

Other wise if that setup was too powerfull you could to a lux alu sheep micro hybrid, that should still be in the soft range but very very low powered

I put SPPP 18g in this racket and I actually liked it, it did not pocket the way I like but still very good.

counterpuncher
09-27-2006, 03:44 PM
I used one for a while with a full Lux Ace job with reasonably good control and no arm issues. If you like Cyberflash, try it in a full job at maybe 2-3 lbs lower than your hybrid set-up and see how that goes with respect to control, spin and comfort. Another lower powered poly that would be softer than Cyberflash that is also worth trying in a full job is Klip K-Boom 18.