PDA

View Full Version : Even Balance at 13.0+oz...Any thoughts?

chair ump
09-26-2006, 08:04 PM
For all of you folks out there in the 13+oz club...are any of you playing with an even balance? I've just set my sticks up this way and before I chime in I'd like to know if anybody else has any experience/opinions on this setup.

Keifers
09-26-2006, 08:14 PM
The least HL, heavy racquet I have is my friend's St Vincent 85: 13.1 oz and 6.5 pts HL. It's a beast, but if I'm playing well that day and not lazy with my footwork and concentration, it's pure pleasure.

A good bit easier to play with is my Prince CTS DB26 OS, which is weighted up to 12.9 oz and 11 pts HL.

In general, I find heavy racquets definitely easier to play with if they're 8 or more pts HL. 13+ oz and even balance -- I don't have what that would take...

Kevo
09-26-2006, 08:29 PM
I don't think I would like 13oz. and even balance. I am currently using an RDX 500 that's 13oz. and about 10pts. head light. I like it even better with thin and light strings, but they break too quick. I can imagine that even balance would totally mess up my serve and 1HBH. Forehand probably would be fine, but the other two would suffer.

Thaychua
09-26-2006, 09:01 PM
I cant stand to play any rackets that are even balance or head heavy, let alone 13.0+ oz and even balance.. That will feel very weird..
I guess it depends more on your gamestyle as well, as i prefer S&V and i attack the net often.. so the ideal racket has to be HL as i will need all the maneuverability i can get at the net...
13.5 oz with 8 pts headlight with the TNT90/PS85 is best for me...whats yours? hehe

thejerk
09-26-2006, 10:55 PM
I like rackets that are close to even balance but only 12 ozs.

jackson vile
09-27-2006, 11:12 AM
I don't think I would like 13oz. and even balance. I am currently using an RDX 500 that's 13oz. and about 10pts. head light. I like it even better with thin and light strings, but they break too quick. I can imagine that even balance would totally mess up my serve and 1HBH. Forehand probably would be fine, but the other two would suffer.

Funny I knew you had a 1hbh right when I saw the balance LOL, what is your sw and how did you arange your lead?

oh and my specs are in my sig

Kevo
09-27-2006, 06:59 PM
The lead is in the handle, and I don't know the SW. I've been wondering if there is a way to measure it without an RDC, but I haven't found one yet.

jackson vile
09-28-2006, 07:19 AM
Travler has a formula, that is what I used to get a good guess.

My racket is extremely stable, you have to be advanced to use it right, but hits amazing power, spin, control, very sharp angles ect. The serve is very nice, but it is unlike any other racket for the serve, so it has to have good form.

It makes the ball jump forward more than anyother racket I have used, and hits some pretty heavy serves, 2 days ago I hit a serve that hurt my practice partners hand.

I am still getting used to it, it was very different going from 18g to 17g, I feel the SW is a bit too high now.

I don't see any weakness for this racket other than it requires the person to be advanced, other wise no weak spots.

I would really like to try your racket, I think that I would like it, I bet the spin is amazing, but is the serve difficult?

BigServer1
09-28-2006, 09:16 AM
Mine is 13 oz, but its 8pts head light.