PDA

View Full Version : [B]Many Futures Pros Using Prince 03 Tours and Diablos[/B]

surfvland
09-26-2006, 08:35 PM
As many of you are aware there is a futures swing through Orange County, CA every year starting in Costa Mesa and then Moving to Irvine and Finally Laguna Niguel. I’ve been attending a few of the matches and was surprised to see many of the players using Prince 03 Tours and Diablo’s as their weapon of choice. In my estimation maybe 1 in 4 players was using either stick. Remember these are Pro's with out million dollar contracts so they are going to use a racquet based on what feels right. Seems like starting with Sam Querrey Prince has been winning over many elite players.

I also scoped a few players with the new 03 Hybrid who must have got them pre-release.

El Diablo
09-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Except Mr. Blake

sloe_torture
09-27-2006, 03:09 PM
I think Prince has been aggressive in sponsoring the USTA juniors in the past couple of years. I remember growing up in Chicago seeing many of the top ranked players using Wilson because of their influence in Chicago. Although I don't question the O3 Tour and the Diablo Tour's playabilities, we also know that there are tour-level racquets made by every manufacturer. I just believe that Prince is willing to invest in itself by doling out more racquets to juniors than any other manufacturer. Here's a question, when was the last time a Prince racquet won one of the mens Grand Slams? Rafter? and before that, Chang? Prince has been inconsistent in capturing champions and this has led to sharing more of the racquet market with Wilson, Head, Pro-Kennex, and now, Babolat. Too bad they didn't try to gamble by placing their money on Agassi.

surfvland
09-27-2006, 06:30 PM
One of the player had the new 03 Hybrid, He was kind enough to let me check it out. He mentioned that the Babolat Rep. Was now working for Prince, so this could be the reason we see Prince in the hands of more elite players.

sureshs
09-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Did you attend any at RCI? I used to be a member there.

theace21
09-27-2006, 08:26 PM
I think Prince has been aggressive in sponsoring the USTA juniors in the past couple of years. I remember growing up in Chicago seeing many of the top ranked players using Wilson because of their influence in Chicago. Although I don't question the O3 Tour and the Diablo Tour's playabilities, we also know that there are tour-level racquets made by every manufacturer. I just believe that Prince is willing to invest in itself by doling out more racquets to juniors than any other manufacturer. Here's a question, when was the last time a Prince racquet won one of the mens Grand Slams? Rafter? and before that, Chang? Prince has been inconsistent in capturing champions and this has led to sharing more of the racquet market with Wilson, Head, Pro-Kennex, and now, Babolat. Too bad they didn't try to gamble by placing their money on Agassi.
I agree...Prince has always been agressive with the up and comers...Many of top players want top money later in their careers, and Prince lets them move on. I was surprised they signed Sharpova...

Freedom
09-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Here's a question, when was the last time a Prince racquet won one of the mens Grand Slams? Rafter? and before that, Chang?

Actually, I think it was Ferrero, French Open 2003.

SocalTennis
09-27-2006, 10:16 PM
As many of you are aware there is a futures swing through Orange County, CA every year starting in Costa Mesa and then Moving to Irvine and Finally Laguna Niguel. Iíve been attending a few of the matches and was surprised to see many of the players using Prince 03 Tours and Diabloís as their weapon of choice. In my estimation maybe 1 in 4 players was using either stick. Remember these are Pro's with out million dollar contracts so they are going to use a racquet based on what feels right. Seems like staring with Sam Querrey Prince has been winning over many elite players.

I also scoped a few players with the new 03 Hybrid who must have got them pre-release.

Hey Surfvland, when and where are the next matches in OC? Is there a website for this? Thanks

surfvland
09-28-2006, 07:20 AM
Here's the link. I saw a few matches in Costa Mesa last week including the Final. Great tennis, very motivating. These guys rip every ball so clean its great to watch.

Heres the link. Next week it will automatically update to show Laguna Niguel.

http://www.usta.com/pro_game/pro_circuits/default.sps

LN_Dad
09-28-2006, 04:16 PM
I did. Saw Nathaniel Shnugg yesterday and today. This guy lived up to his blue-chip recruit billing by winning the first round in the main draw and went down in a tough match to the 2nd seed today. Georgia landed a big fish with this guy but he probably won't stay long.

Freddyvalencia
09-28-2006, 04:49 PM

Pro- Kennex? , sir Pro - Kennex retired with connors.

surfvland
09-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Actually, I think it was Ferrero, French Open 2003.

Good Call

surfvland
09-28-2006, 09:59 PM

I watched the qualies on Friday, and plan on checking out the Semi's