PDA

View Full Version : N Pro Open X vs. Yonex 003

Big Server
09-26-2006, 10:51 PM
Okay. I am down to playing with the Wilson N Pro Open X or the Yonex 003. I have a big serve, returns and overhead and play mostly doubles at either the 4.5 or 5.0 levels. I am dumping my Prince O3 Reds as they were too stiff and had too muted a feel. Plus they were giving me elbow trouble no matter what string or tension I used. Anyone with experience with either of these racquets please post your opinion.

bertrevert
09-27-2006, 04:10 AM
Lead on the handle undre the grip at the butt cap and 10cm up as well. Lead at 3 and 9. I couldn't start to get a big serve out of teh 003 until I did that. The even-balance and surprising heft felt slow and needed to be altered.

I only demoed the N Pro Open X and just couldn't like it very much.

Making the 003 more HL makes it more sprightly and manouverable too. Please note I quickly moved on from the 003 straight to the 001 MP.

Big Server
09-27-2006, 12:13 PM
When you did those mods to your 003 what was the weight and balance? And what style game do you play?

bertrevert
09-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Yikes, do not know the weight/balance, before or after, sorry.

Style of singles-game is baseline with occasional net-rushing on anything short or behind a good approach. Good strong big serve (always have had that). Excellent forehand, miserable (but improving) backhand. The 003 with its heft is surely a baseline basher initially.

So my aim was to make it more HL: to improve serve and manouverability. Stability also improved. Yes I play a lot of doubles too and the 003 without the mods seemed unsuitable at the net and too slow in slice/kick serves.