PDA

View Full Version : Babolat PD Team vs Pure Roddick?

pvtennis01
09-27-2006, 11:27 AM
I got my pure roddick a wk ago but I just saw an ad at my school for 3 babolat PD teams (great condition, i saw the pics). I'm thinking of getting those since the price is GOOD, almost half off.

Sooo which racquet is better?? should I or shouldn't I buy the PD team??

From using the roddick, I see that I have to put alot of spin onto the ball to get it in and my elbow does hurt a bit after 1.5-2 sets (singles). Basically, add lots of spin roddick is good, don't add any, the balls either fly out or super slow.

Thanks for your inputs.

TripleB
09-27-2006, 11:56 AM
Are the Pure Drives the new ones with the Cortex or the older models?

If they are the newer models with the Cortex then I can't comment on them, but if they are the older models I would say by all means stick with the Pure Drive Roddick.

See my playtest review for a couple comparisons between the Roddick and the old Pure Drive: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/playtests/tripb07.html

BTW: if you're elbow hurts with the Roddick then it will hurt even worse with the standard Pure Drive.

TripleB

pvtennis01
09-27-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm not exactly sure. I have a feeling its the old ones, b/c of the pictures. The ad said "3 Babolat Pure Drive Teams for sale".

Isn't "pure drive team" just a newer name for the old pure drives?? thats what i'm thinking.