PDA

View Full Version : Need ProStaff 6.0 95 Experts' Help

thbat
09-27-2006, 12:26 PM
A friend just gave me a Wilson Prostaff 6.0 95. At first, I thought it was a Prostaff Original 6.0 95. But after some research, I believe its a Prostaff 6.0 95. The main clue was the Original had tension range of 55-65 while mine had tension range 50-60 printed on the throat, which matches a Prostaff 6.0 95. Did not know that there was a difference until I checked out the string pattern guide info from Kilppermate site.

Any experts out there that can shed some more light on the difference between the 2 racquets, if there are any?

Also, I need to change gromments for this racquet and all I can find (TW) are for the Original. Does anyone know if the Original will fit my racquet? They have the same pattern except for different tie-off holes.

My friend was no help in providing info except that the racquet had been sitting in his closet for at least 10yrs.

Thanks

Keifers
09-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Hmm, that's very interesting. As far as I know, there are no differences other than in the tension range. What color is the butt cap of your racquet?

A few people here know the history of these Pro Staffs really well -- hope they will chime in.

carpetgrub
09-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Sounds like an early Chiao Ta model. The face of the racket should say "Pro Staff" in a smaller font than what you see today, "Pro Staff 6.0". I think those are the more solid ones in my opinion.